Quantcast

new DEATH ANGEL cd

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
anyone heard it? i've heard one song and it sounded good.

I don't buy alot of cd's but I may pick this one up if it doesn't fit in the 'sucks' category.

D

Dingus McGee

I used to see them play all the time at a bar down the street from my house...can I be Filipino retro-metal now?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Dingus McGee
I used to see them play all the time at a bar down the street from my house...can I be Filipino retro-metal now?

you can be or do whatever you want. i could care less. and i don't know what race has to do w/ music. (yes, I know the guys in D.A. are Filipino, but could you tell from listening? doubt it :rolleyes: )

I happen to like speed/thrash metal. I know alot of people here used to listen to it, but I've never stopped. it's in my blood. I simply wanted to know if this new CD was worth 15 bucks.

I recently purchased the newwest Exodus CD and am happy with it. reminds me of their earlier stuff.

so far, only one person here has heard the new D.A. cd.....

D

Dingus McGee

Originally posted by pnj
you can be or do whatever you want. i could care less. and i don't know what race has to do w/ music. (yes, I know the guys in D.A. are Filipino, but could you tell from listening? doubt it :rolleyes: )

I happen to like speed/thrash metal. I know alot of people here used to listen to it, but I've never stopped. it's in my blood. I simply wanted to know if this new CD was worth 15 bucks.

I recently purchased the newwest Exodus CD and am happy with it. reminds me of their earlier stuff.

so far, only one person here has heard the new D.A. cd.....
Because Filipinos generally (warning* GENERALIZATION) have straight black hair. Excellent for twirl-banging. those guys rocked hard and twirled well. Didn't you get that from my first post?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Dingus McGee
Because Filipinos generally (warning* GENERALIZATION) have straight black hair. Excellent for twirl-banging. those guys rocked hard and twirled well. Didn't you get that from my first post?
no, it's hard to tell what someone means from simply text.

wasn't sure if you were joking or whatever and i wasn't in the mood....

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
Originally posted by pnj
...I recently purchased the newwest Exodus CD and am happy with it. reminds me of their earlier stuff.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading a couple of years ago that Paul Baloff died. If that's so who's the new frontman and how does he sound?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
Hey, what ever happened to DEATH, anybody ever listen to them?
I guess they kinda died out:D

Death Angel was pretty good but they never stuck out like some other bands of that era. I saw them when they changed to "the organization", which totally sucked.

You know who I'd like to see with a new album... OVERKILL That band ruled the school, even with the singer's poor balls in a vise:p

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
Hey, what ever happened to DEATH, anybody ever listen to them, and Agnostic Front, LOL.

I wish I still had all my old tapes. Still got all the Slayer CD's and that's all that really matters.

Knuckle
Unfortunately Chuck Schuldiner died from a brain tumor last year, i beleive. So no more Death. They were awesome musicians and Chuck was an awesome person...

Old Agnostic Front is killer!

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I still listen to DA. I got the Cd with the song "Room with a view" on it, but can't remember which one.

I thought Exodus was okay, but definatly never liked Overkill, or Death.

My fav's back then were Vio-lence, Forbidden, Powermad, Flotsam & Jetsam, Slayer (of course), and the most underrated band ever Exhorder. (as you can tell, I am a singer, and like to listen to good singers).

I can remember the days when I had hair down to my butt, and I would be slinging it in a circle on stage, amps stacked to the wall, Jackson guitars, cut up jeans, Satanic stuff spraypainted everywhere, the girls screaming, my mom videotaping...oh the good old days.

I can remember my mom saying in an interview with a local TV station when I was 16 that I had such a pretty voice, and that I am wasting my talent on this "loud" music. "His voice is much better suited to the likes of Barry Manilow"!

Gotta love mom!