Quantcast

New Demo?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Because they are not available in Online shops, not so easy to find in stationary shops in yurp at least. Also outside of the Athertons, Suding and Mark you don't see many pros using them, their team edits are not that awesome. They simply have a very small presence on the internet. Hell I see more stuff from small companies like Banshee than them.
considering the changes that GT has undergone over the years, they are making some very solid strides back towards legitimacy.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
considering the changes that GT has undergone over the years, they are making some very solid strides back towards legitimacy.
They are but imho they have a lot to do and they are not pushing some of the features strong enough. The new fury is stupid long, why not advertise it everywhere like Spesh does with the short cs, mondraker did with slack ha or IH (or rather Dw) did with the low bb. Pinkbike kids need to know the bike is different from almost all bikes on the market and that's why Gee is winning. For now when I ask most of my friends about GT they think they are a very generic bike brand. Athertons or not.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Was the Haro Minnaar rode ever available to the public?

The new Demo is going to be no Demo. DH racing is dying as we all know, so why bother making DH frames.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
haro dhr was available to the public, it was made/welded by intense.
different from the last intesnse m1 , as the seat mast is bolted/adjustable to the front triangle, design borrowed from older version of intense m1

team Haro/ Lee Dungarees: dh,4x mike king, GM and mic hannah, xc seamus mcgrath

Haro was a presence at UCI WC dh and XC, and now no more, due to economics,

like yeti, will Spez follow too? if no one buys the new demo.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
haro dhr was available to the public, it was made/welded by intense.
different from the last intesnse m1 , as the seat mast is bolted/adjustable to the front triangle, design borrowed from older version of intense m1

team Haro/ Lee Dungarees: dh,4x mike king, GM and mic hannah, xc seamus mcgrath

Haro was a presence at UCI WC dh and XC, and now no more, due to economics,

like yeti, will Spez follow too? if no one buys the new demo.
The difference was I never saw anyone on the haro.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
New Demo? AWESOME! Think maybe the new one will be even better at giving legendary riders mediocre results?
To be fair, the first year the new design (not crabon, i'll give you that) was out, it took overall. The second year it was out (crabon), it took worlds. So not bad.

But I'll agree that it Sam Hill never quite seemed to have the same brilliance once he was riding it, and Ern Gwern seems to be running into the same problem.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
So, are we placing bets on on much forum hate there's going to be in a day or so's time?

Practise at Fort William starts tomorrow. I love the current demo (heresy I know!!) and not all to keen on the idea of longer stays / slacker geo / bigger wheels etc, but keen to watch the world implode soon ;)

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
So, are we placing bets on on much forum hate there's going to be in a day or so's time?

Practise at Fort William starts tomorrow. I love the current demo (heresy I know!!) and not all to keen on the idea of longer stays / slacker geo / bigger wheels etc, but keen to watch the world implode soon ;)
in a day or so? demo hate has been consistent for years.

i may eat my words here but i doubt there is going to be a completely redesigned demo showing up this weekend. the 650b we've all seen is going to be it.