Quantcast

New DH Build: Yeti 303 RDH

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Now that i am finally living somewhere where I can get some use out of it I just built up a Yeti 303 for some DH action. I plan to hit whistler up as well as the new Timberline Bike Park next summer here in Oregon (hopefully)...also will be taking it out to Blackrock

anyways...spec'd it out exactly how I wanted and this is what I ended up with

Frame: 09 Yeti 303 Small
Shock: 10 Fox RC4
Fork: 10 Fox 40
Headset: Crank Brothers Directset Opium C
Brakes: Shimano Saint 203 FR/RR
Cranks: Shimano Saint
Guide: e13 LG1
Chainring: e13 36T
Pedals: Straitline SC
Chain:KMC X-9SL Superlight Chain
Shifter: Shimano Saint
Bars: Answer ProTaper DH Riser Bar 780mm
Stem: Twenty6 DM
Seatpost: Thomson
Seat: WTB Silverado
Cassette: HG80 11-28
Wheels: Stans ZTR Flow w/DT Comp Spokes and Hope Pro 2 Hubs (running tubeless)
Tires: Maxxis Minion 2.7 FR/Maxxis High Roller 2.5 RR

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
awesome build man.

keep an eye on that headset. i had one and on a hard bottom out, the thing literally exploded. cups each broke in half, cartridge bearings ripped apart, and the thing was absolutely demolished.

props to CrankBros for awesome customer service though, they sent a new one out right away, no charge! (will be going on ebay though).

its a really nice headset, but i think that the design isnt quite up to DH duties...

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
awesome build man.

keep an eye on that headset. i had one and on a hard bottom out, the thing literally exploded. cups each broke in half, cartridge bearings ripped apart, and the thing was absolutely demolished.

props to CrankBros for awesome customer service though, they sent a new one out right away, no charge! (will be going on ebay though).

its a really nice headset, but i think that the design isnt quite up to DH duties...

Thx

I went with it for the low stack height, always have run CK and of course no issues...hopefully I have better luck with it then you but thanks for the heads up

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Thx

I went with it for the low stack height, always have run CK and of course no issues...hopefully I have better luck with it then you but thanks for the heads up
thats the exact reason i got one, the stack height. i had a frame with a longish headtube and wanted to run the flat crown on my boxxer. when the headset went, it ovalized my headtube. a decision that was made just for looks cost me a frame... :eek: i was so pissed and will never do that again :rant:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Wow, I am loving the simple black and white layout and I am digging those bars too. Did you swap out the shock, looks like a DHX 5.0 on there. Post up pics of the complete bike. It looks great so far. :thumb:

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
thx man

bars are a tad wide probably gonna cut them down to around 30" but they are sweet

That was with the DHX on there, I have a RC4 going on today..hoping wheels come from builder today so i can finish

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Wow, I am loving the simple black and white layout and I am digging those bars too. Did you swap out the shock, looks like a DHX 5.0 on there. Post up pics of the complete bike. It looks great so far. :thumb:
+1

I am psyched to see the simple black/white as well, i think we are in for a reversal of the color trend which would be nice. Colors are cool and all but it went nuts, the slopestyle guys will always rock some flash which is cool...

I would like to see one of the big guns rock a full black suit for a season, bike, kit, helmet everything...i bet you'd see the industry tone down a bit...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I love mine in ways I only really love things like cocaine.

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
thx guys..hoping to get her out on a test run this weekend...1st time building the bike myself so only me to blame now lol