Quantcast

New dh frame deals?

birdman2447

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
I am looking at replacing my gt fury with something new this season, any good deals on new frames? I am open to many options, must be a size large or a medium that runs big. I have seen glorys on closeout for pretty cheap as well as goride has dhr's for 2300. What else have you guys seen for online closeouts?

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I think Turner DHR's retail price has gone down considerably. Used to retail for $3200 with an RC4, go-ride has them for $2300 now. They also have it available frame, RC4, and Fox 40 for $3400

I ride a large, and used to ride a large Sunday, and owned a large Yakuza Kumicho(same as Airborne Taka). The DHR feels the biggest of all of them, not sure the exact measurements of them but its probably due to longer wheel base, lower stand over, slacker head angle. I have minimal ride time on other size large frames, mates bikes, and my DHR has always felt bigger than the others. I like the feeling though, probably because I have just become accustomed to it, but the feeling of being "in" my bike rather than on it suits me rather well at this point. If you like a biggish feeling frame the DHR would feel good. How tall are you? Any sort of suspension you are partial to(DW Link, VPP, etc)?

Last edited:

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
Not gonna find any deals better than the Santa Cruz closeouts. V10 with kash RC4, $1875...no brainer.
It is last years model, alu. rear and heavier front triangle than the most current. Amazing bike.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
All these appear to be awesome deals if you have the coin to spend on a new DH frame.

Wasn't aware SC sold there older stuff so cheap, might have to keep that in mind when its time to get a new frame.

Raingauge - as someone whose rode both the DHR and v10, got a comparison for someone whose got plenty of time on the DW DHR?

birdman2447

Chimp
Aug 6, 2008
Thanks for all the info, i haven't ridden a v10, but I do own a blur trc and other than wearing out du bushings is a really solid bike. I like the fury and the I drive platform but have ridden it for 3 years now and just need a change. I don't really want to spend the extra on a new frame but I have a bad taste in my mouth with used frames after buying a used demo 4 years ago that cracked on me, no crash replacement sucks. What are the warranties and crash policy's like for imost manufactures as a second owner these days?
Also, is it worth talking to my local bike shops? Do manufactures sell out of dh frames usually? Or do they usually have some of last years frames left, I know specialized has a great leftover program but unsure about others .

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Thanks for all the info, i haven't ridden a v10, but I do own a blur trc and other than wearing out du bushings is a really solid bike. I like the fury and the I drive platform but have ridden it for 3 years now and just need a change. I don't really want to spend the extra on a new frame but I have a bad taste in my mouth with used frames after buying a used demo 4 years ago that cracked on me, no crash replacement sucks. What are the warranties and crash policy's like for imost manufactures as a second owner these days?
Also, is it worth talking to my local bike shops? Do manufactures sell out of dh frames usually? Or do they usually have some of last years frames left, I know specialized has a great leftover program but unsure about others .
Bought my Turner second hand last year. Had an issue with how the inside of the headtube was machined/reamed. Called them, informed them the bike was bought used, and that it was a few months out of warranty. Sent them pictures. They warrantied me out a factory fresh 2012 front triangle no questions asked. Didn't even have to send them mine until after i received the new one. Not sure if that helps or not, use it as you will. Local shop might be worth talking to if you have a quality one, sometimes they offer lifetime free maintenance or a year or something if you buy through them. Most likely you will find a better deal online though.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Well I may be able to get you on a 2012 Zerode G1 brand new may not be what you are after though....

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Well I may be able to get you on a 2012 Zerode G1 brand new may not be what you are after though....
He is not interested.
He wants a bike that rides exactly like how much it weighs.
There is nothing worse than paying good money to ride a 13 pound frame and then realizing that it only rides like it weighs 9 pounds.

:D