Quantcast

New DH Ride!

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Super psyched, just picked it up a week ago. And before anybody says "you could have gotten something cheaper" or something along those lines, i did NOT pay full price. I got a super sweet deal and i actually not supposed to even mention the price, so lets just say it wasnt 6300 or close to 6300. Anyways here are the pics. If there are any questions on a part just ask me

Weighs in at 39.64 lbs btw.

antm

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
miami, fl
That is a sweet ride! I wouldn't be too worried what people think though, regardless of what you paid or didn't pay.

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
wtf! do those those lever bodies say code 7!?!?!?!
They're OEM brakes (Juicy 7 levers on Code Calipers) that most of the higher end Specialized gravity bikes are running.

That Demo looks sick. The pics don't do it justice. That's a pretty lightweight with a relatively heavy build on it. Does the Mg link save something like half a pound?

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
take off that hanger protector. all it does is make you mech break before the hanger, and the whole point of a replacabale hanger is to break before the mech.

other than that, sick bike. i love specialized

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Thanks guys, yeah Code 7s, and yes 39.6lbs straight out of the box. I cant wait till the snow melts! :)

And Lollapalooza you are right, the pics really dont do it justice. There are so many sweet details on it. Hubs match the rear swing arm, headset, and the lock-on part of the grips, stuff like that. And yeah i assume that Mg link saves quite a bit of weight, the Demo I doesnt have the Mg link and is about 2.5 pounds heaver, but im sure the weight difference isnt just because of the link.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
got damn, thats got to be the hottest demo i have ever seen. and i dont even like demos normally.

wait, maybe its just that first pic. the lines and angles on the bike just look perfect in that pic.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Wow, that's a pretty sweet bike. Light, too. Imagine how light it would be if Specialized 86'd all that 'demo' crap (which does nothing from a performance standpoint) and just turned it back in to a regular ol' FSR??

P.S. You may want to hold off on another bike for a couple years and save up for a new dining room set. ;)

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
How much was it?

just kidding. That bike is siiickk. I usually don't like the wild designs of the specialized bikes, but that paint job is KILLER!

that seat is awesome looking too.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Gotten something cheaper - no way. Now its time to start thinking about upgrades and spend even more money. Great looking bike and nice overall specs.

I have a complete dining room set you can buy :)

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
That's awesome. As soon as it warms up we've gotta do some building/riding. I'm so out of shape it isn't funny. That's probably just about the nicest bike in Morgantown now.

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
you gonna be riding that beauty at Snowshoe? that bike is amazing, i love demos, and that one take the cake for best looking, seems like a really good build too.