Quantcast

New DH Rig

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
So i took a couple pictures of my friend Stephen's downhill bike. After many months of waiting/riding with trials chainrings, its finally done.

Boxxer and Juicy goodness

drive-side

sweet bike and snowy backround

MRP

and there it is. :banana: what do you guys think?

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
not too bad. I knew a guy who raced for them. Hank was his name I believe. Pretty cool guy, ripper too.

Oh, you might want to rotate the boomerang forward about 45' or so. maybe a flat crown as well? I know someone who had their top crown set up like that and he went down hard a few times cause his shorts got caught on the stantion while pedaling.

But bike looks good. You dont' see too many of them out there

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
wow sic bike, wish I had one, jk, yeah it rides pretty awesome and Steve is the man (even though he takes awhile to get things done cause he's at so many races)

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Okay now I CAN see the pics!!!??? I think my computer is retarted.
That is a sick bike. Those MRP cranks look awesomly stealth on that bike. He should take those spacers out and get a flat crown. Pricepoint has them on halfprice right now.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
Oh, you might want to rotate the boomerang forward about 45' or so. maybe a flat crown as well? I know someone who had their top crown set up like that and he went down hard a few times cause his shorts got caught on the stantion while pedaling.

ya get rid of those spacers and through a flat crown on there. when you get our shorts caught in the stantionsit sucks bawlz i did it at exit 27 and whistler twice. it sucks and hurts and it makes you look like a retard.:banghead:how do you like those cranks? heavy? or are they the new lights?

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
ya get rid of those spacers and through a flat crown on there. when you get our shorts caught in the stantionsit sucks bawlz i did it at exit 27 and whistler twice. it sucks and hurts and it makes you look like a retard.:banghead:how do you like those cranks? heavy? or are they the new lights?
they are pretty beefy. They are the 06's, didn't want to wait for 07's

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
how do you like those cranks? heavy? or are they the new lights?
I had that setup on my hardtail back in the day. They're stiff for sure. break your ankles stiff. The BB didn't last long for some reason though. bearings went rough fairly quick, although I didn't take the best care of them either. And to answer your question kris, they are heavy.