Quantcast

New DH trail from the Parkway

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
There is a new DH type trail in the works, when I say works I mean planning phase, that will come down from the parkway down into Buena Vista. Last night I went to a meeting about making this area more bike friendly and after waiting/wading through all the roadie complaints about too much traffic, I made it known that there are lots of MTB'rs in the area. Also, they approved funding for trail work at our local park. Things are finally happening around here.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Ignorance has nothing to do with it. BV is in middle to left side of BFE. Not many people know where it is, and I have to drive pretty far to get to any good trails. Until now. If you look on the link that was posted. There's a little gray line to the right of the 501, that's a gravel road that connects to the parkway and the trail will start about a mile to the right and up(north) of that road. I'm gonna keep harrassing them till it gets built. I went up there and scoped a good starting place. I'll keep you updated. And until then, I'll just have to keep dreaming of Snowshoe

Pete

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I talked to a local land owner today and he finally gave us permission to build on some existing trails. Any suggestions for stunts that people like. Skinnies, DJ's, ladders, teetertotters....any thing?