Quantcast

New DHR

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
The bike it tits. Tomorrow morning she gets dirty! Still waiting on Fox to get me my 40, but other than that this it the build.

PS. no idea on weight, I'm guessing 40; could be less, could be more.

Attachments

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
what pin config do you have on your straitlines? sharp or standard?
It's the standard, just what came with them. They are crazy sticky, and I couldn't imagine running sharp pins anyways. I even left out the back middle row of pins because they're grippy enough as is.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
nice to see you got some proper pedals this time around.

Lookin good.
The Wellgo's held out for how light they were. But I'd say only half the pins survived.... The Straitlines are a solid feeling pedal though, I think I'll have a hard time destroying these.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
i just got mine the other day...they seem a bit dry, but they are self lubricating so maybe they just need a ride or two to smooth out?

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
The Wellgo's held out for how light they were. But I'd say only half the pins survived.... The Straitlines are a solid feeling pedal though, I think I'll have a hard time destroying these.
Ah, was referring to your Atom's that seemed to go boom?

Full spec?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Ah, was referring to your Atom's that seemed to go boom?

Full spec?
Oh yeah, those lasted all of 4 weeks before I couldn't stand the play.
DHR
Boxxer WC (Soon to be a 40)
Rockshox Vivid 5.1
Shimano Saint cranks
Straitline pedals
SRAM X.0 shifting
SRAM PC 991(?) chain
Ultegra 11-23t cassette
E.13 36t ring
E.13 LG-1 guide
Mavic EX823 rims
Hadley hubs
Maxxis DHF tires run with Stans
Sunline V-one headset
Sunline V-one saddle
Sunline V-one bars
Thomson Elite post
Avid Mag Code brakes
Sunline waffle grips

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
mmmm looks good. Is that a Vivid I spot on the rear? You also seem to be a big fan of Mr. Daniels.
Haha, yes. I'm a fan of Mr. Daniels. So much so I went and got "Old No. 7" tattooed on the inside of my lip when I was 17....
And yeah, it's a Vivid. I'm loving that shock.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Large. I bit tighter than my last bike but I think it'll be an advantage. It's a really comfy fit for me at 6'1"ish.
You gonna be at Santa Ynez for the race the weekend B4 Sea Otter? I wanna check that thing out!:banana:

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
You gonna be at Santa Ynez for the race the weekend B4 Sea Otter? I wanna check that thing out!:banana:
Oh crud... I didn't even realize they added a national that weekend... or I just missed it while planning. Um, I dunno, this race wasn't planned but I'm gonna try and make it happen. If so you'll see me there!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Its just a small local deal. But they are doing pro and semi pro payback to the top 3 I think! The DH is SUNDAY and DS is SATURDAY. I will be at OTTER also but there are way to many people there although that bike will stand out.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Its just a small local deal. But they are doing pro and semi pro payback to the top 3 I think! The DH is SUNDAY and DS is SATURDAY. I will be at OTTER also but there are way to many people there although that bike will stand out.
Well I'll be at Sea Otter for sure. Still gotta talk to the rest of the guys about Santa Yenz.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Diggin the bike Fred, looks good.
Thanks man. We're getting a crew together to hit Laguna this coming Sat. I know you're semi close so if you'd like a bit of tour guiding hit me up. It's a must hit place around these parts!