Quantcast

New Dianese jacket sizing

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
My armor is very old. 2001-2002?
It's finally done. I've heard they changed their sizing and I can't find any to try on. I used to be a large.
Comments on different models? When I bought mine there was only one. Now I see at least 3 plus last years. I actually like the older stuff better.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
i liked my 02 dainese gladiator jacket (grey) better than the 08 (black and red). the overall fit suited my (maybe a bit odd) bodyshape a lot better, especially the elbow guards are sitting too low on the '08.
after using dainese body armour for 6 years i have now switched to using poc and i really like their jacket a lot more than the dainese stuff. same for the knee/shin combo (although the poc are not perfect they are still better than the dainese...)

Norther

Chimp
Sep 11, 2009
Finland
I am 5' 10" tall, I have Dainese Shuttle Pro '02 size large. Fits me nice and tightly, like my '09 Dainese Impact Jacket. BUT when I bought 2010 Dainese (moto) Safety Jacket Wave 2, I had to go size XL. Because it was a bit too narrow from shoulders, perhaps too much weight lifting :) Wave 2 does not have any adjustments for shoulder pad width like Shuttle Pro and (mtb) Safety Jacket.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
FWIW,
my wife just got a brand new small dainese jacket, she ran dainese for years and loved them, but is raving about her new one. She was stoked to get out of her ********one suit ;)

She is 5'4", b-cups, small fits perfect.