Quantcast

New dirt jumps near Whiteface

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Kyle Ebbett has been in Wilmington, N.Y. all week building and overseeing the towns new dirt jumps/skills park.

Between Whiteface's Downhill, all the new x-c single-track, and now the dirt jumps/skills park, Wilmington should see more mountain bikes than road bikes next year. Historical!

See ya in Wilmington!

More info on the dirt jumps can be found on HERE

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Wilmington has always been very popular to road bikes. From the 2 races each year up the Memorial Hwy. to being part of the Ironman Loop.

I have always been the frustrated downhiller living in a tri- geek area (no offense please). Not anymore!
Whiteface Downhill & the pump track, tons of new x-c single-track and now this dirt jump/skills park. Look out roadies!
All we need now is some foam pits, a bmx track and a killer 4 cross course.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Damn, missed it by a week!

Mike, I rode Whiteface last Friday, first one in that morning. Thanks for the trail recommendations. I got a few good runs in before the rain.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Right behind the Little Supermarket there is a park with tennis courts, skating rink and now dirt jumps.
Since Whiteface closes at 4:00 pm I see some competitions and sessions after we close. Dirt jumps will be free to the public and open until dark.

I took some more pictures today I will get online by tonight. I will also be there this weekend to get some video footage.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
i need to check out wilmington next season...

If you are into snow sports no need to wait till spring. 3,350 feet of vertical + The Slides at Whiteface.

Here are some pictures from day 3. This 1st one was taken at the top of the run in. There will be a skills area to the right of this. I was only there for a few minutes today but they have a very cool tree for a log ride.

This picture was taken from the back of the park. You can see the run in I took the 1st picture from:

This picture is from the front right side and shows the berms and rollers to bring you back:

And here is a close up of the 1st gap and/or the 1st large table:

These pictures were taken at noon on day 3. So these are really pics from day 2.5. I can't wait to see what the park looks like tomorrow.

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Very very nice! Too bad the summer's over. I wish Diablo had a jump park like that. What do they spend their money on? I only say that because it's an hour away. Wilmington is four. Platty don't need jumps like that. That mountain has enough goods to last a lifetime.

So is Whiteface gonna step up and represent after Windham backs out of the twenty-ten WC???

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
So is Whiteface gonna step up and represent after Windham backs out of the twenty-ten WC???
This is just the beginning. Remember this is the area where the Miracle On Ice happened.

Please note these jumps are not at Whiteface Mountain. They are 3 miles away at the town of Wilmington Park, right behind the Little Supermarket.

I am just helping getting the word out because: It's awesome and I am very excited, I feel guilty for not helping dig and shovel, the dirt jumps and all the new single-track will certainly help out the Whiteface Mountain Bike Park, and I do have fun doing this.

I am extremely stoked that Wilmington, N.Y. is becoming such a mountain biking destination. The North East has needed this for some time. Since we are a days drive from many, we need as many options for bikers as possible, and this area is a perfect fit.

I will be moving out west to Bootleg Canyon again this winter so I plan on keeping the stoke going with pictures, videos, etc.

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Saturday October 17th the dirt jumps were pretty much done. Some minor work is still being finished up, but they are ready to ride. There must have been 12 locals there on Saturday sessioning the jumps.

Last edited: