Quantcast

New Dirt Jumps

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Super Secret Location. Name it and...you get to ride there.

We've been working for a few days, and have gotten a decent ammount of work done. The dirt quarter/stpe up is pretty cool, I dont think I've seen one with an actual wood deck before. So far its mostly natural stuff, but we have a 4 or 6 pack lined up. This line will have about three lines leading into it, the drop in the picture, and hip jump, and a racer roller thingie.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
We put in a lot more time today, and made the step up on the right a lot bigger, and built a new drop. The step up is really sweet now and verry trickable.

Oh, and if you know where it is, dont post it here, but be sure to lord it over everyone else.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
theres also a new hip/270 landing that has yet to be done well....

the step up is now tons better and gives you solid pop, also a good learning jump im sure and always fun for T.R.I.C.K.

fyi for anyone who wanst to build out there try not to make any giant monster pallet drops that may warrent unwanted attention and have it re-destroyed

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good stuff alex. the step-up to the right needs some re-shaping though. it's kinda lumpy near the middle. i tried working on the hip to the right of that where the landing is the same as the drop but i could only do so much w/out a shovel.

if you've stashed a shovel out there pm me with it's location so i can use it next time.....being that i live so close and all :D

i have a "throw-away" shovel that i'll hide out there if you guys don't have one already.

also, be careful at the top of the roll-in to the step-up (the one you go down to get speed on). i tried moving a log to make a better run-up for the drop and found a nice nest of rattlesnakes in there. :eek:
apparently, they don't like it when you pee on them and they slither away ;)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
also, be careful at the top of the roll-in to the step-up (the one you go down to get speed on). i tried moving a log to make a better run-up for the drop and found a nice nest of rattlesnakes in there. :eek:
damn son! thanks for the heads up. I'm at the beach right now, so I won't be out there for a week or so. We dont have a shovel stashed, but if you've got one to donate that'd be great.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i got out there today around noon-ish to find alex, buck and steven hard at work. got some good stuff done today and i brought noah along to play. he checked out the pallet step-up and decided it would make a nice drop for him coming from the top.

sorry for the blurry pic

i made use of the sled ;)

new drop kicker

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Sweet guys, I'm so glad to finnaly have this place kicking again, and people other than me and Jon to work on it. I cant wait to get back and check it out!

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
Sorry I was trying to multi task bigtime. What Im saying is I build and move dirt and pack and steven occasionally shapes or packs. Aaron stands on jumps and in addition goes through lines that are in teh way of what your trying to build AND destroys lips then refuses to fix them....

AAHHHHHHHHHH, thats better.

We need more work ethic is generally what Im saying, ADD is not an excuse.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
formermtboarder said:
Sorry I was trying to multi task bigtime. What Im saying is I build and move dirt and pack and steven occasionally shapes or packs. Aaron stands on jumps and in addition goes through lines that are in teh way of what your trying to build AND destroys lips then refuses to fix them....

AAHHHHHHHHHH, thats better.

We need more work ethic is generally what Im saying, ADD is not an excuse.
I'm afraid I just dont understand what you're saying, whenever I dig, everyone there is always giving 100% amybe even 110%. I mean, I've never been the only one diggin because everyone else was tired and didnt want to hit the jump I was working on only to have them be instantly rejuvenated and re-interested as soon as I finished. And I have certainly never had plans to go dig with other people, only to end up by myself in the woods for a coupla hours. I just dont know what you are talking about Buck.

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
dirtydirtysouf said:
if you let me know were this place is when i bring my bike to the shop i can help work on it over the weekends...........ive got a strong back and weak mind:rofl:
buck u destroyed the **** out of your own lip, and landing u cant say any thing. and i worked alot tuesday also

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
buck and aaron are a bunch of whiney b!tches! ;) i guess i'm gonna have to lay the smack down next time. it's too hot to do "real work" out there so of course it's gonna be like, -dig....rest...ride...eat/drink...dig..rest...ride...eat/dring -

btw, i'll be out riding the trails at the lake this evening, probably after 6 or so.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
manimal said:
buck and aaron are a bunch of whiney b!tches! ;) i guess i'm gonna have to lay the smack down next time. it's too hot to do "real work" out there so of course it's gonna be like, -dig....rest...ride...eat/drink...dig..rest...ride...eat/dring -

btw, i'll be out riding the trails at the lake this evening, probably after 6 or so.
yea they are, i lost track of both what Buck and alex were saying, idk I go out ther dig build ride, I ride some more, dig some more, then go ride, and then get tired, alex builds some more I, I say good job alex, drink all of his water, and then go ride what he justt built:rofl:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
untitledsince89 said:
alex builds some more I, I say good job alex, drink all of his water, and then go ride what he justt built:rofl:
I forgot about that part. You whores always drink my damn water! And waste my gas! Bring your own!

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
escapeartist said:
I forgot about that part. You whores always drink my damn water! And waste my gas! Bring your own!
"i don't waste ur gas, your just nice enough to drive me with u, wherever ur going, and I manage to catch I a ride since ur a nice guy and all" oh and the one day day I brought my gallon of water everyone else decided to bring water too