Votes: 27 79.4%
  • My video

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
yea, the winning one was better produced, but i liked them both a lot, yours IMO was cooler beacuse its the riding i like fr/dh, but im gonna have to saw lucents oversal was shot better and was very well done, but i liked the riding in yours more.

C-Deeznuts

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
no, we put my 40 on there, because we thought you had to have fox shox to win. They even said in their contest description that the best and most dedicaded riders in the world ride fox. What's really funny is that nobody had a fox in the other video. Kinda wierd eh?

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
no, we put my 40 on there, because we thought you had to have fox shox to win. They even said in their contest description that the best and most dedicaded riders in the world ride fox. What's really funny is that nobody had a fox in the other video. Kinda wierd eh?
ooh yeah that is kinda weird

I definitely liked the riding better in your video alot more then the winning vid

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
it was a nice try but the winner was much cleaner and i dont think the music you picked fit with the riding at all. good footage though

jrfor0

Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
the winning video was a lot more professional and i think the music only hurt your video. a more PC soundtrack would have gone a long way for your video.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Yeah, interesting that none of the riders in the winning video seemed to be using fox shocks at all. The main guy was on a manitou (obvious from the reverse arch) and all I spotted were zocchis in the rest of the cuts.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
it was cool to see local spots in your vid, but Lucent's vid was more professional... your vid is still good though

It also helps to have the more advanced camera equipment

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I wonder why Pepsi didn't think of using that style of advertising. Show people drink and enjoying nothing but Coke. They might sell more. I would rather see lower production quality and the actuall product I would want to use and buy, then to see a nice video that doesn't have the product. After watching Lucents video, I'm running out and buying a..a.... What were they selling?

C-Deeznuts

Chimp
Aug 19, 2006
so i'm thinkin of trying a re-edit for fun and practice, you know, do some fades in and out of focus, light flash cuts, inspirational phrases thrown in, and some more shots of the guys bro doggin' it. what do you guys think would be a cool rap, rock or electronic song to use? yes I'm partial to rap and I refuse to put any generic head bangin music.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Your video was good. I enjoyed the riding, good angles.

However the winning video looked like it more thought put into it. There was an actual storyline, and well planned out. If your video took you 10 hours to put together, his took 50.

Good job though. You will do better on the next one.

Jester

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Beverly, MA
I gotta be honest and I dont mean to hurt any feelings but I turned your video off after three seconds. It seemed like a good effort but I guess you just need more practice. As far as the riders in the Lucent video rockin the manitou forks I dont think the idea behind the fox contest was to make a commercial for fox, so thats why they didnt care about what the riders were using. I think the objective was to make a kick ass video that showed where you ride and your passion for bikes. Thats just my opinion though.

HTnickS

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
North Bend WAShington
lets just be honest here your vid just sucked, the riders blew and the camera work looked like a kid with some hardcore adhd shot it while he was on speed. Next time (if you dare attempt it again) use sweet fades and show just how down to earth and awsome the riders are, you know the real lifestyle behind it all. Thats what i love to see, screw actaully riding. Everyone knows all cool people just "chill" on there bikes and watch other people hit sweet ledges and what not. plus any legit video needs a storyline.Why watch anything if you can't connect with the characters and get to intimitly know them. Oh and get some decent riders that do more than pop around. Huck some stuff and throw down! Rawr!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
^^ half that comment is honest. the sarcastic part is just dumb. justin's video was much better (as were a lot of the other entries) this video looks like it was made with windows movie maker and a sony handycam. not to mention, the music choice was horrible and didn't fit well. I really liked the epilepsy inducing intro however.....(sarcasm)

Kyle,