Quantcast

new Drooper pole time

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I need a new dropper post. Looking for 150mm in 30.9. I'm 90% sold on the One Up at the moment.
Who else has the goods? I hear great things about the Fox post.
Is their trigger worth buying, or which of the compatible remotes should I consider?

I've owned Reverbs in the past and have been on a KS Integra for a couple of years. No complaints other than the backward, overly complex cable setup. This new post goes on the trail bike, the KS moving to the hardtail.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
been happy with my oneup so far. zero play. jist make sure you don’t overtighten the seatpost clamp. you also need to periodically unscrew the upper seal and relube it. super easy.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Bikeyoke. Makes my transfer feel like it's full of peanut butter and mud.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
anybody using the PNW posts?
I heard the PNW posts are re branded X Fusion posts. I had X Fusion for a couple years and they were cheap and worked well until they didn't anymore. I am on Bikeyoke now and have been the happiest I have ever been with my dropper posts. The 9point8 post I had was the best saddle clamp/adjust innovation I have ever experienced but it leaked air. I hear they fixed the seal issue but I already switched my bikes to the Revive. 9point8 has the front to back adjustment separate from the tilt adjustment and it is brilliant.

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
I heard the PNW posts are re branded X Fusion posts. I had X Fusion for a couple years and they were cheap and worked well until they didn't anymore. I am on Bikeyoke now and have been the happiest I have ever been with my dropper posts. The 9point8 post I had was the best saddle clamp/adjust innovation I have ever experienced but it leaked air. I hear they fixed the seal issue but I already switched my bikes to the Revive. 9point8 has the front to back adjustment separate from the tilt adjustment and it is brilliant.
Not Xfusion, people say they are the same as Brand-X that is sold on CRC.

-Brett

Kiwintas

Chimp
Oct 22, 2018
Got a 170mm One Up that replaces a KS integra. Goes up, goes down. The One Up lever doesn’t look the nicest but works well. Over all for the price the One Up is hard to beat.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
KS LEV Integra has worked well for me...
Same. Mine has worked well over a few seasons. I like that it can be rebuilt at home, too. Twice though I've had air get into the system; in due fairness, most likely from the seat being lifted when compressed. I've also had one of the cheaper external cable routed KS DropZone posts for years and it has yet to give me any issue. Its been on three bikes now and is now being used on the fatbike. One thing that I absolutely do not like on both posts, is the cable NOT clamping at the remote. Total pain in the ass on both to replace the cable.

On the word of drooooopers, it looks like OneUp actually has a V2 version of their post out. Looks to have a shorter mech at the bottom of the post and a shorter seat head.

https://can.oneupcomponents.com/collections/dropper-post/products/dropper-post-v2

The original post is on sale now too.

https://can.oneupcomponents.com/collections/dropper-post/products/dropper-post

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I got one of the first revives (and then another for my bigger bike) and it’s going strong. The rebuild is pretty simple and just to survive some of the stuff, seasons, 100+ miles races all in mud, and just flawless. What I was used to with droppers was a season of normal, then it slows down so you rebuild it, then it never approaches the original action and breaks down again in much less time. The revive got me out of that cycle. Seems to live up to the claims.