Quantcast

New drop at da Rock

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
We finally got the drop, run-in and lander on the new lower Windmill trail re-route finished this week. Thanks to all who helped carry the lumber last weekend and hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor next time. Thanks to Brian for building the structure this week. Lou and I finished up the lander and approach today. About a 5'-7' drop depending on your speed. I expect test ride results Wed. Profro!

It's Lou approved!

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
My question is, did the dog clear it?
She was all bark and no action.

looks really awesome guys! I'm Jealous. have fun!
Thanks. From the looks of your posts you've been staying pretty busy yourself!

that is a beautiful bench yall have cut there. looks like lots of time involved.
Thanks again. That section took a little time, but wasn't too bad compared to some of the more root infested sections.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Well, the new drop is alot of fun. I couldn't resist getting in on the Wed. evening action and the weather couldn't have been nicer. I managed to grab some quick shots of our posse hittin' our newest feature. Definately better than the tight switchback that was the only option prior to this.

It was getting dry and dusty already.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
that sure is a purdy drop. how hard do you have to hit the brakes to avoid that tree at the bottom of the run out if you hit the launch with good speed?
also, i sure would hate to drift right coming off that drop...it wouldn't be a fun ride.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
You don't have to hit your brakes at all or worry about any trees. The pics may just be deceiving as to how close they are. Now go off the trail and that's a different story.