Quantcast

New e*thirteen colorways Guide Rings!

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Our new Colorways Guide Rings have arrived! We've decided to offer several new and brighter colors for 2010. Over the last several years, our Guiderings have been a staple product on single ring guides everywhere. Now you can finally match your drivetrain with the rest of your rig!

Colors are as follows: Green Gold Red Purple Black Silver

The rings will be offered in a variety of sizes. :thumb:

http://www.e13components.com/product_guiderings.html

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Are these limited edition or permanent?
We'll see how it goes! :D

We got super excited when we opened the box from our (local) anodizing vendor and saw all these babies. All of us at the office have been working extremely hard to make some amazing new stuff, so we're excited to see how things go.

I personally can't wait to get some wacky colored rings on my rigs. We've still got some tricks up our sleeves as well...having some free spirited local vendors really helps for crazy stuff like this! :rockout:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I just scored 2 purple ano water bottle holders the other day from a 'divorce bike parts give away' pile, (see, there is an upside!)...that ring would perfectly match it!

I am digging the gold for the dh bike, too...hmmmm.

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
OMG - I just got stoked on these. The silver looks white in the picture. Is it really that light of a silver? Any word on when they will be up on BTI? (Yes, I just checked their website looking for them. lol)

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
how many of the odd size rings do you guys actually sell?
Even size rings are definately more popular (36T, 40T, 32T, etc).

Currently the red and the black are at the laser engraver. The gold/purple/green should be following fairly soon.

Everything should be shipping out in a week or two.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Wish these were available when I was shopping....I literally didn't get the e13 ring because it was silver and not black...vain.

Would love a purple 34T. MSRPs?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
:confused:

Why is that?
The inner plates on a chain (narrower part) wear on the teeth more than the wider outer plates. With an even ring, eventually you'll get distinctive discoloring where the ano rubs off every other tooth.

With an odd size ring, every tooth gets used by both the 'outer' and 'inner' parts.

We've got a 32T ring kickin around from Absalon after a super muddy race where you can see where the ano rubbed off...pretty cool. Of course, our rings are extremely long wearing and wear resistant to start with (7075)

Cheers,
pw

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I never even thought about it that way.

Phil, what other sorts of crazy thoughts do you have in your head? (and I mean this in a good way).

warriorsxc

Chimp
Nov 8, 2006
Hi Phil,

Can you please keep us posted on these guide rings? I'm super stoked on the gold in a 36t and would love to get my hands on one as soon as they are released.

Thanks!:thumb:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Why did you call a color "colorways?"

Are these for fixies?
I don't know, it was Lutze's idea.. :)

I like it, has a nice ring to it! (no pun inteneded, hah)

Lots of SS and fixie riders running guiderings, mostly because they are so light and don't wear quickly, and that seemed to accelerate a little when we brought odd sizes to market.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i actually like the ring to it as well...

I am in the retail world (apparel) and instead of colorway we use 'Customer Choice' or CC around here...it all means frickin color.