Quantcast

New e13 guides

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Anyone here (dw, JohnP, Heikki) have the scoop on when the new guides will be available? Saw one this weekend-on Heikki's bike I think.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Seriously, not kissin ass here but how could they get better then whats out? You have any idea how hard it is to find something to complain about with the current guide?

Anyone got info on the new changes?

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
dropmachine.com said:
Seriously, not kissin ass here but how could they get better then whats out? You have any idea how hard it is to find something to complain about with the current guide?

I felt the same way, but after I got a good look at it, it does improve over the current guide...eliminates the few small issues I've had with my SRSs(like slight rubbing), dropped some weight, and probably improved chain retention. :drool:

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Are you guys speaking of the slalom specific ultra light plastic block with no bashring?Saw that on a Luna Bike i think-great for slalom type riding but i need a bashring.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
leprechaun said:
Are you guys speaking of the slalom specific ultra light plastic block with no bashring?Saw that on a Luna Bike i think-great for slalom type riding but i need a bashring.
That's the one I saw on Heikki's bike, but it has an inboard bash plate behind the ring-attached to or part of the boomerang.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
dropmachine.com said:

Ha, no doubt.
Are they coming with a ball tickler now?

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
All I can say is that it is not a replacement for the SRS. The SRS will remain the flagship model chain retention system from e.thirteen. The new guide is meant for race specific bikes on courses that you are not really worried about clearance issues. It retains the chain just as well as the SRS as it uses most of the same mechanical properties but It loses some weight by not using the full bashring. Fabian ran it on his bike to win the Mont Saint Anne World Cup and I have been running it since that time on my DH bike. Although it does offer some bash protection it will not offer the same Security as the SRS.

Where did you see my bike? and you didnt say hi? :nope:
Please no pictures. I dont want to spoil the suprise for everyone just yet. ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Well for one, the new plastics are really cool. Now sure what I am allowed to say without bringin down the wrath of john and weagle, but i will say that the new plastics will shed mud much better (only issue i ever had was my guide clogging up with mud once).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
heikkihall said:
All I can say is that it is not a replacement for the SRS. The SRS will remain the flagship model chain retention system from e.thirteen. The new guide is meant for race specific bikes on courses that you are not really worried about clearance issues. It retains the chain just as well as the SRS as it uses most of the same mechanical properties but It loses some weight by not using the full bashring. Fabian ran it on his bike to win the Mont Saint Anne World Cup and I have been running it since that time on my DH bike since about the same time. Although it does offer some bash protection it will not offer the same Security as the SRS.

OHHH that one. Ya, that one is cool too. Now they need a gadget to keep Fabien from breaking cranks.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Sooo... What I want to know is if E13 is planning on making some wild ISCG 05 to ISCG adaptor to fit the '06 backplates, or it ISCG and ISCG '05 plates are both going to be avail. Oh yeah, that new guide sure is bitchin...

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
heikkihall said:
Sorry Heikki, you were getting of the lift during practice and I wasn't sure if it was you-I'm kinda shy :p
Anyhow, it looks pretty slick. :thumb:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I can say a couple of things.

1) The 06 SRS has been refined significantly, with new materials, new design features, and lighter weight.
2) There is a new guide coming called the LG1 that weighs an ACTUAL 195 grams. So far it has won the European Championships in DH and placed in the World Cups. We have been testing it on pro bikes and on our own since before Sea Otter, so we are very confident in its performance.
3) The new guides are even more silent and easier to set up than ever before.
4) They look cool.

You will see them at Eurobike for sure, but there are definitely sneak peeks out there because all of the pros have been on them this season.

until then!

dw

Dave

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
It should be noted that MRP are also offering a new version of their guide for next year. The features include:
- Aluminium outer plate (3mm for less momentum reduction whenever it touches something). Doubles as an origami sheet for when you're injured.
- Orange rollers guaranteed to mesh really well with the colour of your bike unless you're not colourblind
- Super simple design with high price for extra prestige
- Same design as the last 10 years except now comes in black
- Conclusively proves that MRP aren't getting well and truly left behind

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
thaflyinfatman said:
It should be noted that MRP are also offering a new version of their guide for next year. The features include:
- Aluminium outer plate (3mm for less momentum reduction whenever it touches something). Doubles as an origami sheet for when you're injured.
I htought you were serious for a second! I had MAJOR issues with the MRO on my M1. The thing would stick to rocks and rotate everything. The bottom 2 ISCG tabs were stripped, but fixed that with longer bolts and nuts. Getting a Supercharger slightly larger than the inner plate fixed everything though.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
is anyone still waiting for one that will work w/ a bmx bb :D my km-1 is shot!
i know people have 'made' them work on theirs, but im too lazy for that.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Stoked said:
is anyone still waiting for one that will work w/ a bmx bb :D my km-1 is shot!
i know people have 'made' them work on theirs, but im too lazy for that.
ISCG 05 is made to work with BMX BBs, ISIS overdrive, regular BBs, spanish BBS, whatever you have. All you need are the tabs welded to the frame.

dw

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I think you should have options for the guide. Right now, it completely sucks.

You pop it out of the plastic, and you can only put it together one way.

Dave, you're a smart guy, just THINK about how much cooler that guide would be if you could also make it into a killer robot.

I can't beleive that between a Lawyer and a mad scientist you guys can't see that.

Sep 10, 2001
DW,
We gots to talk.... Are you guys going to have Mike run my tradition 6:00 beer over to me during the show? I noticed you guys are quite a bit further away from our booth this year...

Brian

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
beaverbiker said:
do you still get to pop out the plastic pieces like a fun model plane?
Absolutely!!

Joking aside though, without injection molding the parts, we couldn't use our proprietary plastic alloys, and off the shelf plastics (and many other injected plastics) just dont have the mechanical properties that we require/ want.

We could probably trim them off and put them in a bag, but really, why charge people for something that they can do in 4 seconds themselves. I think that the injected tree is pretty tidy way to do it.

dw

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
ChrisKring said:
Transformers, robots in disguise.

Can you integrate a allen key holster into the chain guide so I can make trail side adjustments?
Not a bad idea at all.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Brian Peterson said:
DW,
We gots to talk.... Are you guys going to have Mike run my tradition 6:00 beer over to me during the show? I noticed you guys are quite a bit further away from our booth this year...

Brian
We will make it work Brian!

Its not that much farther away, just towards the front of the hall instead of the back!

dw

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
dropmachine.com said:
Dave, you're a smart guy, just THINK about how much cooler that guide would be if you could also make it into a killer robot.
Imagine of the robot could heckle you on your race run and give you advice on line choices too.

that would be sick