Quantcast

New England is hotter than Hawaii? wtf

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
so i'm still here in New England enjoying some nice family time (oh boy). but WTF is up with it being hotter here than it usually is in my hometown area of Hawaii?

i rode yesterday and today even though it's hot and humid. the Concord, MA area has some nice paved and unpaved old railroad right of ways to ride on.

and of course my Dad's ice cream shop is nearby..... yummm..... it's a godsend in this weather.

-pigboy

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
It's probably more humid in NE too. I'm from Maui and lived in NYC for awhile and I thought it was way hotter and more humid than living on the rock. Ahhh, those nice tradewinds.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I lived in Hartford but before that I was in New Orleans. I find it hilarious that the temps in NE are hotter than Louisiana!!! And more humid!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MtnBikerChk said:
c'mon - there's no way Hartford is more humid than New Orleans!
weRd. I took a business trip to New Orleans a few years ago...the last week of August. I had hever experienced heat and humidity like that beofre (I've lived in CT my whole life). I was sweating so much I stuck out in a crowd.

pigboy said:
so i'm still here in New England enjoying some nice family time (oh boy). but WTF is up with it being hotter here than it usually is in my hometown area of Hawaii?

i rode yesterday and today even though it's hot and humid. the Concord, MA area has some nice paved and unpaved old railroad right of ways to ride on.

and of course my Dad's ice cream shop is nearby..... yummm..... it's a godsend in this weather.

-pigboy
Nice and cool up here, brah, you shoulda stayed!

Tomorrow maybe I'll try pedaling up to the top of Middlebury gap...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
johnbryanpeters said:
Nice and cool up here, brah, you shoulda stayed!

Tomorrow maybe I'll try pedaling up to the top of Middlebury gap...
Word. It's a beautiful ride. My advice: go hard on the first section after the bridge. It's the steepest part of the whole thing and it's easier for most to attack that and then take it easy after. And save some juice for the last 1000 feet.

I think you'd be glad you're there rather than here for yesterday and today. It has been terribly humid here in Honolulu the past 5 days finally peaking yesterday with scattered showers all over the island. It was raining in Ewa beach yesterday! It takes a lot for rain to reach there. Today at least we got our trades back. :p

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It was just percentage points, like 88% humidity vs. 82%, but it was hotter and more humid in Hartford than New Orleans. The only saving grace, one night I noticed the NO temps only dropped to a low of 77 degrees. Sweltering!