Quantcast

New England monkies, the rain has stopped!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
The rain stopped today!!!!! After 9 days of pouring rain, numerous floodings and several deaths due to flash floods, the rain has stopped! :thumb:

I went riding to find the local dirtjumps in bad shape, but what the hell, the sun is out (kinda). :D

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
MtnbikeMike said:
Wouldn't the New England monkies already know this?

My Dad says its still raining in New Hampsire, so i guess not.

Now we just need to pump out my basement. :angry:

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
still raining in cape cod (sticky outy part of ma) but sunshine is expected for tomorrow!! yay, go hit the local djs, then trailride w/ quad buddies all day.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Just barely ended here. This is one of the few times I'm glad I live at the top of a hill. My pond has literally doubled in size over the last week (Sucks to be my neighbors).

splat

Nam I am
mack said:
Now we just need to pump out my basement. :angry:
Been doing that all day :( Woke up to find 6 inche of water in my basement this morning. was dry last night, guess the downpours of last night it just couldn't handle it .

the roads all around here are flooded !! We were joking about taking one of our kayaks onto one of them .

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
still raining, i think. the garage storage space got a bit of water, but not much (1/16").

i pussed out and didn't go to the BC/wake forest football game today.

splat said:
Been doing that all day :( Woke up to find 6 inche of water in my basement this morning. was dry last night, guess the downpours of last night it just couldn't handle it .

the roads all around here are flooded !! We were joking about taking one of our kayaks onto one of them .

tell me about it. We found water in our finished basement at 930 last night - and we left for Vegas at 430am this morning. needless to say we left it wet. (MMcG is going to check on it for us)!

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
Thank God it's over. It's hard to believe it rained that hard for that long. Worcester Fire Dept. was rescuing people with boats all night last night. That's unheard of in the "Worcester hills"...

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Yeah, we couldnt get any sleep last night. The air raid/fire dep. alarm siren was going all night. I heard one of the kids in my class saying that he was up to 4 in the morning pumping out basements with the pump trucks. My basement is about 200 years old, and consists of several levels. The lowest level is flooded, coinsidentaly it is also the newest. :blah:

splat

Nam I am
Uggg wet rugs SUCK !!

I feel for ya! I had just gotten my Kids a new Dell and built it set it up for them last night . It No Boot now :( No Post , No drive spin up . the Hard drive was under water.

Both My printers got wet! I have not powered them up yet , hoping to let them dry and they will be good , I hope.

splat said:
Uggg wet rugs SUCK !!

I feel for ya! I had just gotten my Kids a new Dell and built it set it up for them last night . It No Boot now :( No Post , No drive spin up . the Hard drive was under water.

Both My printers got wet! I have not powered them up yet , hoping to let them dry and they will be good , I hope.

maybe the computer will be ok too once it dries - give it a good week before you try it again.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i went hiking up monadnock on saturday in the pouring rain. it was less hiking than river walking. both the trip up and down consisted of raging waterfalls and standing ponds.
'twas quite the adventure. dont know if my camera survived though, it got pretty wet as did my mem cards so pics may not follow