Quantcast

new fangled ideas for my $$ to go to

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
so i was going to get a full squish but now my brain is contemplating other options like doing a full-blown overhaul of my hardtail.
for the ht overhaul i would be getting:
saint single ring cranks
xt hydro discs/hubs
mavic 321 rims
lx shifter
dh stem
thompson post
atac-z pedals/661 launch shoes
azonic hot seat
and this would be instead of the bighit. the reason for the bighit would be rear travel, 20mm fork, and burly components. but now i can have burly components on my ht(kona scab frameset w/ rockshox psylo).
these components would be replacing:
deore hubs
mammoth rims
promax xc mech. discs
integrated shifter/brake lever
deore hollowtech cranks
raceface prodigy stem
pedals will switch between the new ones and flats

sorry if its a pointless post but i had to emty my thoughts.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
If you are going to buy all those parts it would be cheaper to get a whole bike. Then you would still have your ht. Do the math before you go shopping.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
2 decent bikes > 1 awesome bike

Keep your hardtail as-is, and blow your dough on an fs rig. You'll have more options that way.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by BlackDiamond
Ditto that! Get the BigHit
Yeah. I mean he could easily get a used 03 bighit comp for about 900-1000 stock, and then use his other money to make it a sweeter dh bike and still have his hardtail.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i want my brain to want the bighit but it says get the components. ive worked a week and have enough for components but i cant work anymore until june 20. so maybe i can get components and bighit? yes bighit in summer(25 days of work for the 2000 i need) and get the components i think then ill have 2 awesome bikes.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've always regretted not going with my first impuse on items like this. It seems like the more you think about it the more you settle for lesser quality items. I'd say if you can't get the big hit you want now wait and save a little longer until you can get it.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Yeah... and it'll give you something to ride when one of them breaks. I'd love a hardtail setup like you have now, to add to the bighit I have. :)