Quantcast

new fence wallride shreddage. Pictures.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Nice photogs...
Will R3SP3CT be throwing down at Snowshoe anytime in the next three weeks? I'll be there from the 7th-17th...give me a shout if you guys wanna ride.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Don't you hate it when you go through the trouble of getting some sweet action shots and everybody likes the still-life-with-El Camino more?

Camino is dope, but the first shot of James is really nice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice pics guys. If I tried that I would certainly end up with a jugular tangled up in the barbed wire.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
T-Pirate said:
This Fence is the moneyest around.

Bump (nice pics!)

Can I ask some advice? I found a fence very similar to this one and I'm having very little luck riding it. After trying it about 10 times last night and busting my ass each and every time I decided to give up and seek help. It has a nice transition and I found a scrap of plywood that helps smooth it out even more. I try to hit it sort of like a berm and come in low and fast. I can get pretty high up on the fence but if flexes a lot, and sucks up all my momentum and I just fall off sideways in a tangled heap. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Hit the fence with your front tire at a fence pole, that way it will not flex as much.
Either that of get some fat azz to lean up against the fence on the opposite side.
Hint: Fat people will do tricks for refined sugar.:blah:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
awesome pics.

put some shin pads on please. it'll keep you riding.
my shins are a reck, my friends' shins are much much worse. and have put them off their bikes for weeks because of it.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Jeremy R said:
Hit the fence with your front tire at a fence pole, that way it will not flex as much.
Either that of get some fat azz to lean up against the fence on the opposite side.
Hint: Fat people will do tricks for refined sugar.:blah:

Yeah I always hit the fence right at the pole. That didn't work. The fence isn't attached at the bottom like the fence in these pictures so it flexes like crazy. I guess I need a fat ass.

Any of you fat asses here need a couple of candy bars or a 5lb sack of sugar?

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Fences flex a lot when you ride them, you probably just don't have a stable enough fence. Use the flex to your advantage if you really think its rideable, go into it hard and fast almost perpendicular to the fence. Carve to the left (or right) and bunny hop as you would on any wallride. When you feel it flex, use it like one big spring, bouncing in and popping back off onto the transition. I haven't been to this fence for awhile, even though I park near it everyday.

most important part is speed, go fast.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
T-Pirate said:
Fences flex a lot when you ride them...

most important part is speed, go fast.
I haven't really tried bunny hopping onto the fence. Since the transition between grass and fence is pretty smooth I thought wouldn't need to. Seems like I get on the fence OK and then just collapse. I'll try hopping + more speed + more carve.

But like you say the fence might not be stable enough since the bottom is not anchored in anyway. It's less like a spring and more like a sponge.