Quantcast

New Fork, suggestions?

niguet

Monkey
Sep 11, 2005
right now i have a pike team 05, its a nice fork but i want something more "urban specific", i was thinking in 3 options: Mz 4x, Mz dj2 07 and z1 sport 06 with nemesis kit, i really want something light and as i know the 4x and the z1 nemesis weight less than 2.4kg so what do you think? ive never tested a z1 nemesis, so how it is?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Hey Niguet
The Nem-Pro forks work very well for Urban and DJ
If your worried about weight I might suggest out new All Air WX 4c set up this fork comes in at just under 4lbs

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Right now I'm riding a Nem Tuned 2005 Z1 and it feels pretty dialed at the trails/dirtjumps. I'm not much of a street rider but I'm guessing it would work well on that as well.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Hey Niguet
The Nem-Pro forks work very well for Urban and DJ
If your worried about weight I might suggest out new All Air WX 4c set up this fork comes in at just under 4lbs
Brad,
I set up one of the Z1s down here all air and mine was running springs, but I just sold it with the molly I built.

Im thinking about the 4x as the replacement. If I get and run the 4x all air, the air preload has got to be past around 60psi in each leg to keep from bottoming hard(at least for my kind of riding), but then the air preload collapses the negative springs and I end up 'gainin' travel because of it. Is that a problem on the 4x, because it was on the Z1s if I passed around 55psi in each leg.

I ordered a few different negative spring kits from zoke but.... not sure what direction Im going in yet.

Ill have to order a fork on tuesday at the latest.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I just NemProjectionated my '06 DJ2 down to 55mm and it's all killer no filler, exactly what I was looking for when shredding street and not wanting to run a rigid. Takes the edge off on my hack stacks, but keeps it all stiff and running straight on hairy sections.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
yeah my 4x nem tuned fork is sick i just adjusted the air in it and man rides sick for urban and dj.. thing is soo nice thanks brad you freakin rock.........

niguet

Monkey
Sep 11, 2005
a friend borrowed me his dj2 06, i thought that i will feel my bike heavier, but it feels almost like with the pike, so i think im going to buy a 07 dj2