Quantcast

New fork?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Ok folks, I've gotten just about everything else stuck on my hardtail that I could possibly want to increase the performance. Now I'm looking for a little better fork. I'm looking at Fox TALAS forks or Marzocchi Z1 forks.

Anyone have a favourite fork or a recommendation?

J

JRB

I wouldn't want 5" of travel on there, so I would save some jack and get a Float.

jamis24

Chimp
May 26, 2004
SB, vermont
i would recommend the manitou minute line if you have some cash, im running the minute 3 on my giant ac air and it is awsome and it has travel adjust from 80mm to 130mm and that comes in handy. its good on the weight side too. jus my 2 cents.

Mike

For adjustability on an XC bike at a decent price I would definantly look for a Reba with U-Turn, probably a little more xc oriented than the Pike. I have a reba race w/ the pop lock remote (non uturn model) on my hardtail and I love it. Its lightweight, stiff, and very adjustable. And despite what I had thought before I bought it I actually use the pop lock remote a lot.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've got a TALAS and I love it... the performance, strength, and weight are great for the way I ride. But I really love the adjustable travel... it makes a huuuuge difference. If you're looking at a longer travel fork, definitely pony up for something with adjustable travel.

If I were to run a HT, I'd probably put a 100mm Minute on it... I think it's a great fork for the local trails and fits well on most HT frames.