Quantcast

New forum....

What are the odds of a MD/PA forum. No seriously. Virginia (even NOVA, with traffic) is worlds away from most of us in MD/PA. The furthest south I've ever been is Alexandria, and I have NO intentions of going further. So how about it. Give us our own forum....

DK
C
Frederick, MD

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Sorry Dave but I don't have the say so on new forums. You'll have to ask the head monkey. I was just making a suggestion.

It's a good idea. You're right in that there's quite a bit of distance between us and Penn has a lot of access issues that could be discussed.

I'll bring it up to the head monkey too.

Sorry Dave but I don't have the say so on new forums. You'll have to ask the head monkey. I was just making a suggestion.

It's a good idea. You're right in that there's quite a bit of distance between us and Penn has a lot of access issues that could be discussed.

I'll bring it up to the head monkey too.

Mike,

I assume you got the same PM from the hed monkee. If not they said to voice opinions here http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194860

I encourage others to visit that thread also...

Dave
Cyclist
Frederick, MD

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
There was some talk a couple weeks ago about realigning the regional forums. Nothing was decided but I believe it's still in the works.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I was just trying to see if making another board (ON RM) was a viable idea. Thank you for all the input. I've PM'd the right people.

That is all

DK
C
F, MD
Sorry, I originally thought you were being a smart ass.

I read your other posts in the head monkey thread and you and Dan really made some good points. I hope it does work out. I also find some of the Richmond chatter to be inane (margarita my slippers, WTF is that?), but I just ignore it. It seems like a certain off and on MD located member finds it difficult to ignore, then things get heated. Since both sides can't play nicely, maybe they should be separated.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I also find some of the Richmond chatter to be inane (margarita my slippers, WTF is that?), but I just ignore it.
Sorry you found it "inane." I guess you really had to be there as it was pretty funny.

But you're right if you don't get it just ignore it.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Sorry you found it "inane." I guess you really had to be there as it was pretty funny.

But you're right if you don't get it just ignore it.
Damn right I'm funny. :imstupid:
I was going to reply, but I figured I would just make myself look stupid trying to explain one of those "you had to be there" moments.

I agree that we do tend to be a bit off-topic on this forum, though. I don't think it's cause for such upheaval however. I do agree with BigHitComp04 in thinking that West Virginia having its own forum would be cool. We didn't secede from you Southern-sympathizing b@stards just to be lumped into your "surrounding area" on RM. :shakefist::rofl:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, considering it was the Richmonders who began to populate the board, "Back in the day", thats why there is more of that chatter. To be fair, I have always held the different resorts in here with the same high regard I do the ones I frequent.

While we may cut up quite a BIT, I rarely join in on some of the other chatter, like the WISP resort stuff. Not because I don't like that place, but I have always felt that the stuff closer to certain folks would like to have some of there own "Margarita My Slippers" stories and names.

The other thing is, while the name says VA and Surrounding area, it in fact implies mid-Atlantic.

But we'll see what the powers to be have to say. I have no problem with it personally.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, considering it was the Richmonders who began to populate the board, "Back in the day", thats why there is more of that chatter. To be fair, I have always held the different resorts in here with the same high regard I do the ones I frequent.

While we may cut up quite a BIT, I rarely join in on some of the other chatter, like the WISP resort stuff. Not because I don't like that place, but I have always felt that the stuff closer to certain folks would like to have some of there own "Margarita My Slippers" stories and names.

The other thing is, while the name says VA and Surrounding area, it in fact implies mid-Atlantic.

But we'll see what the powers to be have to say. I have no problem with it personally.

http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198214

Am I blind?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
R,

There's alot of "we" and "our" in the last post? Don't mean 2 call u out but is the poll up??? Let the masses (or ass-hat-es) speak.....

DK
C
F, MD

Obama to your hill.......or vice versa......
Already being discussed. However, keep whining, and I'm sure your request will be taken seriously. :clapping:

Edit: The a$$hats don't REALLY have a say, just oppressed...:p

XANDER

Monkey
Aug 21, 2007
Spendin' Chips at Manny's

Why can't we all just get along?

:think:

Time of the year. If this conversation happened on the trail we'd all be too out of breath to argue...or smiling too much.

Congrats to the MD/PA guys on a new forum. Sure this will work out for everyone.

AND MARGARITA MA SLIPPERS!!!

One of the funniest things I've taken from this forum is that saying...it's even become an inside joke with some of my buds... :cheers:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
The furthest south I've ever been is Alexandria, and I have NO intentions of going further.

wow.....are you serious? If you think sh!tty old NOVA gives any representation of the state of Virginia I'd reccomend moving the wool from over your eyes. There is sooooo much world-class riding in VA that it should be a crime NOT to ride it. Sure, there are OK places to ride in MD and PA, but ask any serious rider (XC, DH or whatever), and I bet 10 bucks they'll tell you they'd rather ride in VA any day of the year.

/rant over

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Sorry, I originally thought you were being a smart ass.

I read your other posts in the head monkey thread and you and Dan really made some good points. I hope it does work out. I also find some of the Richmond chatter to be inane (margarita my slippers, WTF is that?), but I just ignore it. It seems like a certain off and on MD located member finds it difficult to ignore, then things get heated. Since both sides can't play nicely, maybe they should be separated.
Here ya go: Margarita My Slippers

May they never be uttered again in such a disrespectful and profane manor.

:D

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Hey that's me! I would also like to point out the awesomeness of my socks in that picture. I'm thinking about wearing the slippers again this year, as a tradition. Thoughts? Maybe i could tape 'em to my feet.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Wasn't that like three years ago now? You might as well be saying "where's the beef" or "avoid the noid"... Get a new joke.

<- Jd is being sarcastic in case you couldn't tell. :)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Wasn't that like three years ago now? You might as well be saying "where's the beef" or "avoid the noid"... Get a new joke.

<- Jd is being sarcastic in case you couldn't tell. :)
Nope its less than a year old. Good stories never die they just get bigger and more outlandish with age.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
:rant: :crazy: :twitch: :disgust: :brow:

can't we all just get along and ride! :cheers: spring is right around the corner... i can't wait for the local dirt jumps to dry out and rebuild them. ooooops, i'm a marylander now and i'm going to VA, MD, NJ, NY, TN, PA, MONTREAL, and maybe BC again to ride this spring/summer/fall!!! :shocked:

dry dirt jumps are coming soon!