Quantcast

New Fox 40 Clamps by Risse Racing Tech

Twizzlerdh

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
Just to let everybody know that Risse has come out with new clamps for the Fox 40 Fork. The kit comes as a upper and a lower or just an upper and is offered in 1 1/8th or 1.5. The top crown has mounts for an direct mount stem. Photos will be up with more details by the end of the week

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
1.5 is cool, yes. And you dont have to run those dumb reducer cups, wich i believe cause them to creak allot. At least, all the 1.5 reducing headset i have run creak, including the big fat pig and the xtrem pro.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
priceseliger14 said:
What is it improving from the stock Fox 40 crowns? The only real problem I have heard of is the arch, and thats not fixing anything.

It's simple.

For arguments sake, you buy a bike with a 1.5 headtube (SGS, Nicolai, Turner, etc. allot come with 1.5). Now, you can run the 40 without needing to use reducer cups. You can now run a proper 1.5 headtube which is stronger. So why not if a: you have a 1.5 bike. b: you need a new set of crowns anyways.

Not to mention direct mount stems

Answer your question?

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
priceseliger14 said:
What is it improving from the stock Fox 40 crowns? The only real problem I have heard of is the arch, and thats not fixing anything.

Well, it allows you to use the new direct mount stems like those made for the newer Boxxers etc. Makes for a stiffer and lighter set up.
Go-Ride should be out with their integarted crown/stemfor the 40 this fall also but I think it will be a complete set up and you won't be able to switch stems etc and will also be expensive.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
DIRTWRKS said:
Well, it allows you to use the new direct mount stems like those made for the newer Boxxers etc. Makes for a stiffer and lighter set up.
Go-Ride should be out with their integarted crown/stemfor the 40 this fall also but I think it will be a complete set up and you won't be able to switch stems etc and will also be expensive.
and go-rides is a honker-long 50mm stem on a fork that has virtually no forward sweep to begin with which visually makes their stem "look" like a 60 or 70mm in relation to the stanchion tubes. atleast that's what the proto pix look like. that's too damn long for me.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
does it fix the clearence problem? so that the blots of the lower crown dont hit the frame of dhrs?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Jimmy_Pop said:
and go-rides is a honker-long 50mm stem on a fork that has virtually no forward sweep to begin with which visually makes their stem "look" like a 60 or 70mm in relation to the stanchion tubes. atleast that's what the proto pix look like. that's too damn long for me.
:confused:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Jimmy_Pop said:

50mm is too long? :think: Um dude I think you need a smaller bike.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
the risse stem allows for the new direct mount stem standard to be used. That was really the only point for the top crown. It gives you a choice, which is cool. I have a set ready to put on my 40 when i arrive home...and they will all go on my shiny new 224.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
OGRipper said:
50mm is too long? :think: Um dude I think you need a smaller bike.
i know it's all personal preference and thus many reasons why certain setup feel comfortable. growing up, my bmx bikes didn't have honker long stems and neither do motorcycles so i dont want my DH bike to feel like a XC or road bike. more of a moto feel.

Ahh YES

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Jimmy_Pop said:
i know it's all personal preference and thus many reasons why certain setup feel comfortable. growing up, my bmx bikes didn't have honker long stems and neither do motorcycles so i dont want my DH bike to feel like a XC or road bike. more of a moto feel.

Ahh YES
what stem is that??

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Jimmy_Pop said:
Jimmy Pop... Go-ride's stem is 50mm, but can also be switched to 43mm. From my experience 50mm is the most preferred stem length for DH racing. The bmx bikes you refer to come with 50mm stems also. As for MX, that is not the same. You don't weight the front end of a mx bike by leaning forward. You use the front brake and the weight of the engine (mounted near the front wheel).

I haven't seen the Risse integrated stem yet, but their stems in the past have also been 50mm. The big difference between our system and a universal system (or Risse's past systems) is that our bar height is much lower. When racing an 8" fork you want your stem as low as you can get. I've even noticed a lot of Pros running traditional stems upside down on 8" forks.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I'm a little curious how you guys plan to make the 1.5 work with the integrated stems. Most stems, with the exception of the new e13, have a hole for the steerer. A 1.125 dia hole.
I just checked my drawing and I don't think there is room for an e123 stem either. If there is, it's really cozy.

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
I must say, very good idea with the 1.5. Even if it is not needed for strength, if you have the 1.5 head tube, it would be nice.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Jimmy_Pop said:

Ahh YES
That stem you're running can't be less than 40mm. Is it really that big a difference? It sounds from your post like the looks of it is more important than the actual reach. Well, 50mm is 50mm, regardless of what it looks like.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
so it does fix the clearence issue on the lower crows. :thumb: and that blue... :drool: BTW, whats the pricing like?

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
konastab01 said:
thats pretty good,how much for both crown and the steerer
here is the pricing off their website for the 888.
why would the 40 be more $

Part # Description MSRP
50610 888 Clamp Kit $150.00
20527 Steerer Tube $30.00
21950 Upper Clamp $80.00
21988 Lower Clamp $80.00

Twizzlerdh

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
Hello everyone the pricing for the clamps are $230.00 for the upper lower and pressed in steerer tube ( 1 1/8 or 1.5) Upper clamp is 99.95 Lower clamp is $150.00 will come in blue, black, and polished

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
Twizzler, can you get a Risse crown for a 888 with the bolt on standard? I'd rather use the E13 or Sic stem then run the stock bolt on. It's just a bit too long.