Quantcast

New Fox DH coil shock

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Anyone else seen a discrepancy between the base tunes published online and the printed ones in the leaflet supplied with the shock? The online version is "revision A", the leaflet says "revision C". The difference is two clicks out for the same spring, perhaps a different oil weight?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
You ever actually done this?
Yes, I have. But my newest Fox product is a 2014 DHX RC4 (CJKP) and now it only says "No results for 2014 Factory Series DHX". I think to remember, that it showed different results about 4 months ago, i.a. exploded views and service instructions. But my mind is not to be trusted.

But maybe @StiHacka will enlighten us.

Edit: Dammit, I was at the wrong place, I was at the upgrade options site. Your link gets me all the stuff mentioned above. Just under the headline this can be found:
2014, DHX F-S, RC4-K, Fox, AM, 8.500, 2.500, CM, RM

It's not entirely correct but I think to be able to figure the following:
2014 - Model year
DHX F-S - not sure
RC4-K -is RC4 Kashumbawumba
Fox - is ... Fox!
AM - no idea
8.500 - total length, not correct, it's a 7.875" one
2.500 - travel, not correct, it's a 2.25" one
CM - Compression tune Medium
RM - Rebound tune Medium

Last edited:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last edited:

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
F-S means the shock is Factory Series, or Performance Series (P-Se) or whatever level of shock/fork it is basically.

You can cross reference the tune it shows for your shock with the exploded drawings of that valving arrangement in the Parts/Drawings sections here to see exactly what shim arrangement constitutes what tune.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone else seen a discrepancy between the base tunes published online and the printed ones in the leaflet supplied with the shock? The online version is "revision A", the leaflet says "revision C". The difference is two clicks out for the same spring, perhaps a different oil weight?
Interesting that they seem to have changed them.

I'd searched for a starting point for my DHX2 and I think I recall it saying 8-11 clicks, now it seems to state 10-13. Explains why it took me ages to get something that vaguely worked.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
You guys have magic shocks. I just got a dhx2 with czlz

Go ahead. type it in. Just go ahead. Zero info on the tune other than what oem account it was stolen from to sell on ebay.
Wrong, mine has an even more troublesome history. Came directly from an ex DH pro gone endurpo guy from Shermany. Hint, it was used in Ghost bikes.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Just out of curiosity, how did the base settings worked for you? Mine was pretty close but it felt better with -1 click on all four knobs.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So I decided to actually write down my current settings so I had them recorded. But then trying to set them back to the same settings it appears that for comp and rebound both the 3mm and 6mm adjusters are moving both at once, I don't recall having this issue before.

e.g. move the 6mm 11 clicks and the 3mm is moving with it.

Suggestions? Or am I being dumb about something :monkey:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yep, patrol with the revised non suck leverage link. 400lb spring

I'm fraction of a mm over the right shock length. I stuck a spacer in a 9.5x3 shock to get the right size. I ordered some offset bushings to drop the rear and a bit so maybe a little more ass bias will help. I might try to track down a 375 in the meantime.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I might try to track down a 375 in the meantime.
I have a 375 Ti Fox spring for sale on PB. Will happily knock a few $ off to avoid PB sale.

Now about my adjusters both turning at the same time, normal or not and fix suggestions if not?