Quantcast

New Fox forks

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They just need the 20MM back.......on all forks except the XC ones they can keep whatever sketch QR system they run these days.
They'd find a way to F-that up too, with QRs and different standards. Old 20mm pinch was best.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
20mm rear axle means you'd be stuck with like a 24t small cog, meaning you'd need a 144t to keep the same 600% spread everybody seems to want, and a 50t chainring, I like where this is headed....
Asked no-one?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Nice to see bleed ports and the floating axle. I wonder if they've caught up to RS yet in terms of friction reduction as I've found the Lyrik chassis to feel more smooth throughout its stroke than the 36. It'll probably take awhile to hear real info on the updated cartridge; I'm much more impressed with the HC97 modified charger vs the current Grip2.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I have a 38, and the axle mount is pretty slick. There is a noticeable amount of friction reduction when the axle mount is adjusted to remove misalignment from hub width tolerance.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have a 38, and the axle mount is pretty slick. There is a noticeable amount of friction reduction when the axle mount is adjusted to remove misalignment from hub width tolerance.
Super cool that it took them like 8 years to get back to the functionality they had with the bolt on 20mm axle in the first place...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
But can we change the title to New Fox Fecal Forms or something?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
care to share your initial thoughts now that the embargo is lifted? i'm assuming you've had one for a while.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
To get the axle alignment benefit on a 36
Loosen the axle dump the air bottom the fork and measure the gap to the hub, if no gap (loaded) you can do a few things, remove the hub and measure, figure out if you need to whack a few 0.001 off your caps

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mainstream dc trailbike forks feel kinda / sorta inevitable - driven (alas) to a large degree by ebikes, methinks.
Totally w/ you here.

I do dig the 38 in 'pistachio'...would look great on a black bike, it's a bit keronite'ish, which I happened to really dig.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Also driven by 29ers. The dinky 32mm stanchion initial offerings were in no way appropriate and as 29er travel has increased, you need a much beefier steerer/crown/stanchions to resist fore-aft flex. That is, if you are going to be a dumbass and not produce a decent enduro-type DC fork...which would solve the issue without having to go to huge stanchions, crown and steerer.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
care to share your initial thoughts now that the embargo is lifted? i'm assuming you've had one for a while.
I have a handful of rides on it, but trails are a decent drive from my house, and I've been working from home for weeks, so only a handful of rides.
I think the MY20 36 Grip2 is really good, and my only gripes are minor, but it takes awhile to get a setup dialed starting from scratch, and when splitting hairs, I tend to prefer the more lively feel of the Rockshox Charger 2.1. The MY21 Grip2 basically solves my small gripes, as I can run more low speed damping without harshness or an overly muted or dead feel.
The hub width tolerance adjustment is a really good idea, imo, bleeders are way more convenient than a zip tie, and the air/oil channels make sense. The lack of friction is impressive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a handful of rides on it, but trails are a decent drive from my house, and I've been working from home for weeks, so only a handful of rides.
I think the MY20 36 Grip2 is really good, and my only gripes are minor, but it takes awhile to get a setup dialed starting from scratch, and when splitting hairs, I tend to prefer the more lively feel of the Rockshox Charger 2.1. The MY21 Grip2 basically solves my small gripes, as I can run more low speed damping without harshness or an overly muted or dead feel.
The hub width tolerance adjustment is a really good idea, imo, bleeders are way more convenient than a zip tie, and the air/oil channels make sense. The lack of friction is impressive.
Have you hucked it to flat? Asking for my yard..

IMG_20200406_172344.jpg