Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There was a thread in the Tech Talk forum about this... Wonder how brittle and impact resistant it is?

J

JRB

surfinguru said:
It's probably pretty good for a bit of XC, but no way would I have that under me doing any kind of DH/Freeriding.
No one would.

*why is he wearing Sidis and has plain ol pedals???

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
I had read about this stuff a while ago. Its not lighter or stiffer than current carbon or aluminum frames. And its more expensive to make. Its kinda a "hey look what we did" thing. It has no future.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
I meant absolutely no offense.
LOL... I took no offense. I can laugh at myself pretty well. Though the whole chick pants bashing hit me pretty hard... I had to go right out and buy a pair of new men's jeans. And in honor of you I got Wranglers. (There are some pretty bad jokes there. :D )

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
LOL... I took no offense. I can laugh at myself pretty well. Though the whole chick pants bashing hit me pretty hard... I had to go right out and buy a pair of new men's jeans. And in honor of you I got Wranglers. (There are some pretty bad jokes there. :D )
OK - I actually blurted. That's been a while.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
sleepinggiant said:
I had read about this stuff a while ago. Its not lighter or stiffer than current carbon or aluminum frames. And its more expensive to make. Its kinda a "hey look what we did" thing. It has no future.
Basically what I was going to say. BYU has a habit of dumping huge amounts of cash into worthless research projects that will never ever be used by anyone. At all. Like solar cars. Mmm. Solar cars.

Another worthless piece of crap coming from our friends at the school down south...

One other thing: Go Utah.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Stupid Mormon Newspaper said:
Currently, there are only two bike frames on the market that weigh less than 3 pounds. These lightweight models, however, carry a rider weight limit of less than 150 pounds and lack the rigidity needed for long-term mountain biking.
Baaahahahahaha.

Scott? Schwinn? Specialized? Kona?

*Shoots reporter*