Quantcast

new frame, need parts

ak pura vida

Chimp
Oct 3, 2012
i posted this same thing over on mtbr but have found myself gravitating over her more as of late so i figured i would get input from both places. my apologies if you've already seen this.

so i picked up a new jedi for the 13 (and beyond) season and am starting to put together a list of new parts i will need. first thing i have to do is give a huge shout out to the canfield crew! their service is second to now and pretty much the best i've seen regardless of industry. of course for those who own a canfield i doubt i'm telling you anything you dont' already know. huge thanks to vin, sean, and the boys for all they have done for the barely average, no name, weekend worries that is me! anyway, here is what i have so far, most of which will swap over from the diggle:

2013 canfield jedi w/g2 chainguide
CCDB shock
09 fox 40
formula the ones brake set
dt-swiss fr 600 hoops w/15g spokes
jumping flea front hub
wtb saddle
truvativ seat post
e13 direct mount stem
answer 780mm bars
twenty6 or canfiled crampons peddles

what i need and what i'm leaning towards:

rear hub - american classic/wtb
cranks - decendent
head set - (internal or external? just personal preference?)
derailleur - thinking of one of the new clutch setups. is the sram or shimano setup better? or just go with a traditional short cage?
cassette and shifter - if going with above suggestions? if i go with a traditional short cage i have slx shifter and xt cassette
chain guide - the g3 is coming with the frame but the lopes would save a small amount of weight. seriously doubt it would be worth it. i'm sure i'll just run the g3
fork - the 40 at a minimum needs a rebuild. but seriously considering going with the avy cartridge. adds weight but i was really happy with the dhx 5 avy setup i had done last year. i also have some "odd" ware on the stanchions. not scratches but more of a dulling of the coating on the stanchions? ideas?

so if this wasn't too confusing, please feel free to offer up opinions and suggestions. thanks.

pv

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
For the headset I'm going to go with a Cane Creek Series 40 ZS49 or angleset.

I'd upgrade the fork personally...either to a newer Fox 40 or a Dorado.

Also, the chainguide that comes with the 2013 Jedi is a special wide mount guide so that it guides into the upper pulley...so I doubt they make a wide mount Lopes guide.

ak pura vida

Chimp
Oct 3, 2012
thanks for the info/opinions. wasn't thinking about needing to guide into the upper pulley. i want to keep my cost down so i'm pretty much planning on staying with the g3.

pv