Quantcast

New Frame Teaser

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Well, new to me anyway! Here she is, naked waiting for the appropriate clothes. It is a Dean Privateer, converted to disc only and SS, with an ebb. Hope to get it built by next week. I think the frame painter screwed the pooch. Will find out tomorrow, a little on the orange side....

Attachments

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Dude, you're gonna love that frame. My 2000 Dean Private is sitting in the garage waiting to be rebuilt one of these days. It's a pretty damn smooth ride and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Where did you get it from? Did you have the ss work done or did you buy it that way?

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Reflux: Looking forward to the final build next week. I am going to run it rigid. I bought it from a friend of a friend of a.... I think I am like the fourth owner. It was modified with the ebb and disc tab by Vulture Cycles, out in Bend, OR. Wade over there makes some nice frames, BTW. I have a Ti Dean Scout, and love it to pieces. It has gears, and lately I have been on an SS kick.

Heidi: You making it out to Barbie Camp this year? Next weekend (Halloween). SlowSSer will be there and it will be certainly a hoot. I see you live in Bend....the dry side of the hills. I am in the valley, which affectionately call the Pacific NorthWet. ;)

Cheers, and lets see more Dean photos for cryin out loud...yeah I know their site has some.

Mike

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I don't know if I'll make it to Barbie Camp - there is a cx race the same weekend that I might try instead. I just finished the Bend Fat Tire Tour last weekend so I'm ready for something shorter. :) I don't have any pics of my DEAN here at work. But, by next weekend I will have my new DEAN cx bike! WOOHOO

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Heidi said:
I don't know if I'll make it to Barbie Camp - there is a cx race the same weekend that I might try instead. I just finished the Bend Fat Tire Tour last weekend so I'm ready for something shorter. :) I don't have any pics of my DEAN here at work. But, by next weekend I will have my new DEAN cx bike! WOOHOO
CX-ing looks like a blast. Barbie Camp can be short or long. It is all about what you make of it. If you do show up, bring xc steed. It is really fun out there. Been to one before?

Mike

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Meat Foot said:
CX-ing looks like a blast. Barbie Camp can be short or long. It is all about what you make of it. If you do show up, bring xc steed. It is really fun out there. Been to one before?

Mike
Nope, just moved up here this summer.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I don't have any pictures of mine built, but I'll see if I can take out the frame tomorrow and shoot a couple pics. The frame came with the Dean green color and I remember thinking, "Green? Wtf? Damn, I'm gonna have to get this painted." Now? I freakin love that color and can't wait to get it repainted green.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
reflux said:
I don't have any pictures of mine built, but I'll see if I can take out the frame tomorrow and shoot a couple pics. The frame came with the Dean green color and I remember thinking, "Green? Wtf? Damn, I'm gonna have to get this painted." Now? I freakin love that color and can't wait to get it repainted green.
brighter green, like John Deere green? If so...cool...if not...cool! Cheers.

Mike

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
some red in the paint. Parts are starting to appear on the frame. Just installed the bb, seatpost, and seat. Next week will be the wheelset, fork, bars, and levers. On Thursday the brakes are going to be installed. Fun to watch it take form.

Mike

Attachments