Quantcast

New FS slalom frame?

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
hey all,

Thinking about a new fs slalom frame, haven't found much. I'm riding a 2010 Specialized sx slalom right now, so i want something as good or better.

Thoughts?

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Intense tazer...droooool

actually cancel that buy my turner 4x please!!

In all honesty that 2010 sx looks pretty tough to beat.

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
yeah thats kinda what im hearing from everyone, just have had some people make offers on it. i'll prob just hang on to the specialized.

moto what did you think of your yeti 4x?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah thats kinda what im hearing from everyone, just have had some people make offers on it. i'll prob just hang on to the specialized.

moto what did you think of your yeti 4x?
I thought it was a good slalom bike for steeper and rough slalom tracks, but it seriously lacked the snap of a hardtail. I'm more than happy with my Morewood Enza and honestly think it is faster at pretty much every aspect of slalom racing than the yeti I had. Could be that I have a better parts spec, but no matter how much pressure you put in a rear shock it just doesn't ride like a hardtail.

Panda

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
Louisiana
I was looking for a blur 4x with little luck so after 3 months of shopping I 1/2 way settled on morewood ndeza

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Dan... keep the specialized... it seems pretty sick. The only thing comparable would be the new tazer.

I have a blur 4x and the older specialized p1. At the lmc slalom track my hardtail is by far the faster option, but I love the versatility of my blur. I ride it all day on xc rides and can drop the seat and ride the jumps or slalom track, then raise up the fork and bomb some downhills. ...

But yea, that new sx you have is awesome. I see no reason to change.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just buy whatever Joe Haley rides. He picks bikes that go faster than any others.

But in all seriousness, I can't imagine a better slalom frame than the ones already mentioned:

SX
Ndeza
Tazer

What options do you have at the shop you go through? Or is this a wishlist kind of thing?