Quantcast

New garage door Tuesday

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello peep gang!

New garage doors will be installed on the house today which will be awesome as I’ve been parking in the driveway for the last 4 months. It’ll also make our house not look like a large dumpster, which is nice.

Feeling a lot better about my decision to move on this morning. I had a text conversation with my new/old boss and he reassured me and eased my nerves. Nice to have him on my team; I think it’s going to be a great place to work.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, sporties! I hit the high school track for 5 miles this morning and the humidity was friggin awful, not to mention low air quality. I could barely breathe in that mess. I am in the office now for a few hours but will be home by noon for afternoon meetings. I have not spun the bike trainer in probably a month but will throw the road bike back on it for my spin this afternoon so I can watch the Euro futbol game.

@Sandwich congratulations on the new job! More importantly though, congrats on the new garage door.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
how now brown cow, I have trinkets for thee

still working on pops boat, really impressed with the swag off road finger brake, you need a good sized welder to put it together but it bends some pretty nice edges

IMG_3481.jpeg

Bent up these 3/8 alum plate down rigger mounts for his boat, used rivnuts and stainless hardware to mount them since the alum on the boat is pretty thin for my wire feed and it was faster then tig welding them
IMG_3482.jpeg

will be wiring the dual battery systems and 12 circuits in the dash today, hold all my calls, please

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Neighbor up the street is selling their house and their direct neighbor put up a sign that says "we love our church" in their yard. I'm guessing that they are trying to get "the right kind of people" into the neighborhood. I think it's time to get a Love is Love sign.

Because fuck those bigots.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Neighbor up the street is selling their house and their direct neighbor put up a sign that says "we love our church" in their yard. I'm guessing that they are trying to get "the right kind of people" into the neighborhood. I think it's time to get a Love is Love sign.

Because fuck those bigots.
put a burning cross in their yard.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The HVAC guy that lives around the corner just put TRUMP in large letters on his front window. Guess who we are not going to ask to give us a bid on our new HVAC system :butcher:

it's only supposed to hit 93 today then by tomorrow we are back up to 108 Fuck this shit. I have to work at a horse show out by Sacramento this weekend. Competition starts at 7 and ends at noon to beat the heat, Still I bought a 50 unit box of instant ice packs just in case for $34 20240708_174846.jpg

I am enjoying my morning espresso and hanging in the yard with my dogs

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

WFH day and taking Monday to the groomer in the afternoon. I've been able to keep her brushed out except for her rear. So he will clean her up. She hates it, but she doesn't bite him, either. It's a long ass car ride, but he's the dude, so there is that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am work in the city. I hate this place and the driving involved to get here, fuck. I will be leaving early, if I can.

In other news, guess what, tomorrows ride is looking like another wet Wednesday. I swear every wednesday it rains. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am work in the city. I hate this place and the driving involved to get here, fuck. I will be leaving early, if I can.

In other news, guess what, tomorrows ride is looking like another wet Wednesday. I swear every wednesday it rains. :rofl:
and don't forget the weekends... every frikken weekend. seems like it's only sunny on Mondays.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So like 4 months or so ago I took a 20% cut (we all did) so the company would be sustainable til the end of the year. We were profitable 2 of the last 3 months and we may be in the clear. If we manage to stay in the black this quarter, we will be back to full salary before the end of the year. I really like what we are building and I like the guys I work with, but the idea of sticking with a broke "start up" has burned me in the past.

I have gotten 2 job listings from recruiters that are 100% remote and a little more than what my "usual" salary is. I just hate the idea of yet another job change, but also worry I could be stuck at 80% salary for a year before the company folds. Ugh, I need to win the Lottery and everyone can suck it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
do it, jd

hbd, Timmay. may your man-bun remain glorious for another year

/me was traffic as I'm sitting in a chair in Highlands Ranch today

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Survived some shopping with the daughters yesterday. My wallet didn't suffer much either which was oddly amusing. Perhaps having a job has made the oldest a little fiscally responsible. Hot and humid today so not much motivation to do anything more than float around in the pool before there are storms. Also, planning monkeyfest menu and food prepping for Syd's graduation party.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So like 4 months or so ago I took a 20% cut (we all did) so the company would be sustainable til the end of the year. We were profitable 2 of the last 3 months and we may be in the clear. If we manage to stay in the black this quarter, we will be back to full salary before the end of the year. I really like what we are building and I like the guys I work with, but the idea of sticking with a broke "start up" has burned me in the past.

I have gotten 2 job listings from recruiters that are 100% remote and a little more than what my "usual" salary is. I just hate the idea of yet another job change, but also worry I could be stuck at 80% salary for a year before the company folds. Ugh, I need to win the Lottery and everyone can suck it.
Sounds like you might need to be interviewing. Can't hurt to look; you might find you like it too!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Current fab tooling that is up and running

Mig welder
Arc welder
Plasma cutter
20-ton finger brake
Sheet Metal brake
Tubing notcher
Chamfering grinder
Bandsaw
Combo sander
Mag drill

non op due to waiting on consumables or parts to arrive

AC/DC tig (waiting on the foot pedal and needs a cylinder)
Aluminum pulse wire feed (waiting on 5000/6000 series wire and tips)
Hydraulic Tubing bender (waiting on 3 die sets and hydraulic ram 1", 1.5" and 2")
Hydraulic Tubing roller (needs to be welded together with tig machine)

I figure all the stuff should be up and running by the end of the week as long as parts n pieces arrive, still debating if I want to spring for an arc droid CNC plasma machine

The first project I will use all the tooling for is an aluminum T top for the boat, complete with plenty of rocket launcher-style rod holders, outrigger mounts, spreader lights, antenna masts, radar mount, and night vision mount. That should get me familiarized enough to work out the intricacies of the machines to start fabbing up a pump puller to install the well pump and get the ground mount solar array started, also will be making my own mudmixer for pouring slabs

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
"NoBoDy waNtS to WOrK!"

You know who wants to work? Immigrants. Those peeps are the backbone of our economy. Not a single, manual labor intensive industry would survive without immigrants.

Dumb shits and their stupid ass rhetoric.
100% of the people working on my house right now are brazillian immigrants who barely speak english. They are outside working in this swampass humidity and heat. I don't know how people bitch about immigrants- I certainly don't want my children folding towels or tearing out rotten window sills, but there are people who want those jobs as it represents an opportunity for them.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"NoBoDy waNtS to WOrK!"

You know who wants to work? Immigrants. Those peeps are the backbone of our economy. Not a single, manual labor intensive industry would survive without immigrants.

Dumb shits and their stupid ass rhetoric.
Just remember what happened to the Georgia peaches when Georgia decided it didn't "need" immigrants. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sounds like you might need to be interviewing. Can't hurt to look; you might find you like it too!
True. Oddly it's another Ranorex position which is interesting. Not saying the tool is bad, but it isn't the greatest. Before I got downsized at MKS I was working on an open source replacement for it. They hired me because they had it and had no idea what to do with this tool they bought.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have a meet and greet with a recruiter tomorrow at 8:30, I just sent my resume. Holy fuck, I have cut over half of it off and it's still 5 pages of entirely too many jobs.

I keep saying I should combine some since the companies no longer exist. That way I've been at one place for 6 years rather than 6 places for a year. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have a meet and greet with a recruiter tomorrow at 8:30, I just sent my resume. Holy fuck, I have cut over half of it off and it's still 5 pages of entirely too many jobs.

I keep saying I should combine some since the companies no longer exist. That way I've been at one place for 6 years rather than 6 places for a year. :rofl:
Yeah - 5 pages is *way* too much, IMO. Most recruiters/HR are going to be Millenials or Gen-Z and they can't be bothered with anything more than a single page. :D