Quantcast

New garage door Tuesday

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Good afternoon

Did someone say New Garage Door? Funny, I just got one last week. It has a person door in it and I fucking love it. I can come and go and don’t have to leave the whole thing open and let leaves and dirt blow in.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can you enlighten me? I don't remember (caus I never knew...)
They passed a bunch of laws trying to make it harder for farms to hire immigrants with the idea it would provide local jobs. Turns out even poor white kids don't want to pick fruit, so peaches were left rotting on trees. They have tried to reform it, but there are some old hard asses in Georgia it seems.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
They passed a bunch of laws trying to make it harder for farms to hire immigrants with the idea it would provide local jobs. Turns out even poor white kids don't want to pick fruit, so peaches were left rotting on trees. They have tried to reform it, but there are some old hard asses in Georgia it seems.

thanks. that's also a really interesting website...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
thanks. that's also a really interesting website...
I'm not familiar with it, that was just a good summary I found with a quick Google. It might have been more than a few years ago, but there were a lot of stories about the losses suffered due to picker shortages with the new laws because only Mexicans are willing to work hard for very little.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm not familiar with it, that was just a good summary I found with a quick Google. It might have been more than a few years ago, but there were a lot of stories about the losses suffered due to picker shortages with the new laws because only Mexicans are willing to work hard for very little.

A while back someone in Eastern Washington offered homeless people in Seattle free room and board and $20/hr to pick fruit. Zero takers.

Grapes Of Whatever

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
they are adding a fixed grip?!

I wonder which big mountain they bought it from as scrap

:D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
It still amazes me that people went to the bottom of the ocean with a guy who thought wearing a helmet during interviews was cool and totally didn't make him look like his mom still cared for him.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It's a frisbee. A round plastic disk. Mine cost $10. As an adult there is a reasonable expectation that you know how they work. It's not a boomerang or a magnet. Dogs can easily grasp how they work.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
any monkeys in Kentucky? :hmm:
Critical information in case you're there, amazing tacos in Kentucky last year as we road-tripped through. I'm old and can't remember which town though, there was about a dozen Mexican restaurants along main st. I'll rack my brains for this important information.

I'm sure if I knew the state of @Sandwich 's garage door it would help my long term memory recall.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I resorted to checking my CC statement from September last year. Shelbyville.

This could be critical information for @eric strt6 if he goes through there for dancing pony shows.

1720579784448.png

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I resorted to checking my CC statement from September last year. Shelbyville.

This could be critical information for @eric strt6 if he goes through there for dancing pony shows.

View attachment 214665
OK, I have no other reason to spend three nights in Shelbyville, KY. But now I want to, and host an after-hours chef party with the Peruvians and Mexicans, and see what happens.
Likely just cocaine, Tecate, Pisco, and Tequilla, but hey, I have a dream.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Speaking of humidity,

I decided to just make room in the garage for pops boat instead of my electrical rewire and pile of tools getting drenched in the nightly coastal dew and fog, as a result, I have an outboard sticking through the garage/kitchen man door, one inch to spare.

tips and wire came in for the pulse wire feed, house plans are progressing to the elevations phase