Quantcast

New Georgia Freeride Course

zfraysier

Chimp
May 10, 2011
Georgia
Here's a video from yesterday's visit:

We take what we can get in the suburbs of ATL.
Watch my kayaking videos. Creekboating is kinda like DH or Freeride, but more full-on.

Zach

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
For any old schoolers watching that video, that place is the old Mansell. :eek:
It looks totally different. It used to have a couple of big gap jumps and a bunch of man made rock gardens.
It looks more fun now.
Although, I will say the "stupid jump" at the old Mansell was the first jump I went off of that I had to squint to see the landing. FTW.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
the toe clips, long stem, narrow handlebars and lack of knee pads scare me! hahah, other than that, it look real fun, like a one run pump track!

shakedown

Aug 27, 2007
Atlanta
For any old schoolers watching that video, that place is the old Mansell. :eek:
It looks totally different. It used to have a couple of big gap jumps and a bunch of man made rock gardens.
It looks more fun now.
Although, I will say the "stupid jump" at the old Mansell was the first jump I went off of that I had to squint to see the landing. FTW.
Nope. mansell is in roswell. this is in woodstock.

this trail is ethan's handy work

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Stop the hating, fellow elitist jerkhats.
Remember when we all used to hit jumps and ride berms on box-stock mountainbikes before some forward thinkers started making crap specifically to do that? Did we die? No. Did we have fun, and break crap all the time? Yes.
Eventually we got our hands on the latest trick ****.
That's how it works.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Stop the hating, fellow elitist jerkhats.
Remember when we all used to hit jumps and ride berms on box-stock mountainbikes before some forward thinkers started making crap specifically to do that? Did we die? No. Did we have fun, and break crap all the time? Yes.
Eventually we got our hands on the latest trick ****.
That's how it works.
rep+

only hating i can see is the camera angle was a little low, woulda like to see more of the trail, less of your toptube

zfraysier

Chimp
May 10, 2011
Georgia
Haha I thought the same thing with the gopro especially with my short shorts. Its a chesty mount. Ive used all my other mounts on kayaking gear. Not sure what the chesty mount is actually good for. But any one around Georgia this track is quite impressive for what it is. Ive never been to mansell, but it beats big creek by a long shot. For the true downhillers and freeriders, there are bigger lines on the same track. As noted above, I don't quite have the gear to hit that ****(or the balls). Most of what we've got here is XC so for a poor college student, its the best buy. Please let me know about any other local tracks though. I'd really like to get into this.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
yep blanket's creek and I would say it's more of a slalom course than dh or freeride.
Quehl Hollar

I heard a few newbs got hauled out on the cart at opening day for the trail. I hope over anxious xc riders will scope it out before flailing themselves over a gap of destruction. We have had a few spots like this closed because, some bozo goes out and brakes a collar bone, then demands it to be too dangerous and threatens to sue if the park doesn't tear er down.

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Wow, looks hella fun to blast down that trail. If there is only one thing I would recommend for somebody getting back into mtbing after say, 5-10 years, is WIDER bars. They make such a diff.