Quantcast

New GG Bike Reveal Poll

New GG Bike Options

• Total voters

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Also.....are head angles adjustable with those head tube cups or just reach? I see you have different stack options for the bottom cup but I'm talking about crossing them up a la works components style.
Not currently. Down the road, there may be additional headset cup options added.

Have CNC, will make.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
@mtg hopefully not too long until they get their feet under them. i placed my pre-order for a size 2 at 6:00am EST the morning after the launch party. i haven't been this excited for a bicycle since my Karpiel Disco in 2001. I'm sure my resulting experience with my new Smash will be much better however.

in your 'free time?'

You won't be coming up for air for a while.

View attachment 132671

You just blew up the bike innernet

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
shortest fatigue life as compared to other materials commonly used for bike frames
Is true, can confirm. But fatigue is pretty low on the list of how we see bikes break. Usually it involves one big hit, nose casing a jump, smashing the frame into rocks, etc.

We lengthened the chainstays on the Megatrail and The Smash for this year...
Yassss

Between the high stack height and long FC to RC ratio I felt like I had trouble getting over the front and diving into corners on the Megatrail that you sent me. It was great on steeps and straight lines but I just felt too far behind the front wheel in aggressive corners.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
No, but you can get the Trail Pistol with the shock from a Shred Dogg, which makes it 130mm rear travel.
is there a way to get the longer chainstay on the Shred Dogg? Or can you short shock the Megatrail?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
is there a way to get the longer chainstay on the Shred Dogg? Or can you short shock the Megatrail?
Did you just email us about that? We were literally talking about this 15 minutes ago. Yeah, short stroke a Megatrail with 230x57.5 would be similar to a long chainstay Shred Dogg.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Did you just email us about that? We were literally talking about this 15 minutes ago. Yeah, short stroke a Megatrail with 230x57.5 would be similar to a long chainstay Shred Dogg.
Haha nope, not me. Must be a bit of a common request.

Does a water bottle fit with a piggyback shock btw? Just wondering cos it looks tight in this pic.

GG.jpg

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Wonder if you could position it so that the piggy is facing towards the bottom, unless of course it would contact the downtube,
Thats what i was thinking but its hard to tell. Even maybe mounting it in the unspeakably uncool back-to-front option might work.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yes, water bottles fit with a reservoir shock. That bottle cage has 25mm of adjustment, and it is slid down pretty far in that pic. That cage is recommended after trying many as the bottle is secure, it has the adjustment, and is easy to use.
Some shocks can be mounted with the reservoir below the air can, which obviously makes room for a larger water bottle.