Quantcast

New Giant DH...bummer

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
doesn't really look all that bad to me and I can get a pretty good deal on giants. I may be looking into this when spring rolls around. I would be scared of bashing that lower shock mount on some of the rocks at N* though.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
i'm assuming/hoping the Glory will have something similar.....

"This means that the shock shaft sticks out of the bottom of the bike in a rather exposed manner, but the bikes come with a neat little carbon guard to ward off any errant trail debris."

still not likely to stop a big bar steward of a rock though

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
will be interesting to see how that will hold up the paint is DEFINETLY going to take quite a beating for sure

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
if you look at the pictures it does in fact have some type of guard over the shock mount. I am sure the mount is plenty strong seeing as its crucial to the bike working. I don't think any reasonable bike builder would have over looked it. It doesn't look half bad and there are much, much, uglier bikes out there.

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
Looks well good. I doubt you'll knacker that, it sticks out but it's unlikely you'll hit anything with it. I doubt Giant would release it if it were in danger. Imagine warranty issues?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Seth that doesn't look bad at all, and there is no way you are going to damage that mount.

Anyway, you know you want to get a new bike that is more geeky and obscure :D

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Inclag said:
Seth that doesn't look bad at all, and there is no way you are going to damage that mount.

Anyway, you know you want to get a new bike that is more geeky and obscure :D

Like a Rotec :)

I'm curious as to why they changed the design from what Rando was riding with the much less protruding shock mount. I'm sure it rides great, and I highly doubt it would get bashed, but damn is it ugly.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
It doesn't loook that bad, probably rides great and at a retail price of $1500 for the frame, thats dirt cheap especially when uglier and more expensive frames cost more (norco cough cough)

Supa8

Monkey
May 3, 2002
Middle of MA
schwaaa31 said:
Like a Rotec :)

I'm curious as to why they changed the design from what Rando was riding with the much less protruding shock mount. I'm sure it rides great, and I highly doubt it would get bashed, but damn is it ugly.
Hey, at least the color would match the team jersey.....

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Ummm, did I miss the memo where all of a sudden looks are the determining factor of whether or not a bike rides well. It looks a hell of a lot better than the ugly-ass sissy curved top tube they used in 05 on the DH bikes. I never realised how bg most DH riders dicks must be to need that much clearance!

(sarcasm)

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
SuspectDevice said:
Ummm, did I miss the memo where all of a sudden looks are the determining factor of whether or not a bike rides well. It looks a hell of a lot better than the ugly-ass sissy curved top tube they used in 05 on the DH bikes. I never realised how bg most DH riders dicks must be to need that much clearance!

(sarcasm)

Yup you missed it. It came through yesterday.
As I said in this post, it probably rides great. I just think its ugly x10. Thats all. Just my opinion.
Go Red Sox.