Quantcast

New Grassroots Team.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
I know this will come off a bit spammy but i've been bustin tail to get it done so check it out. www.mongoosetribe.com the site is temp but gives an idea about it all.

right now questions will be directed to us directly through e-mail...but in the near future we will be doing all of the sponsorship/order request through sponsorhouse.com the account on sponsorhouse is not quite ready.

any feedback is appreciated good or bad.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
that seems like an awesome idea. but one question...it seems like it would be more beneficial to riders on the west coast? i mean you could have a rider on the east coast fall into the top package but not be able to get involved in the group rides or testing days etc. which would be extremely helpful. But ya, that seems like a really cool idea i like it.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
the prices will be on there next monday evening.. we don't have all of our cost for products yet but with the big fontana banquet this weekend
(i know thats local so cal stuff) i wanted something up so we pulled the trigger.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
BC VAN said:
the prices will be on there next monday evening.. we don't have all of our cost for products yet but with the big fontana banquet this weekend
(i know thats local so cal stuff) i wanted something up so we pulled the trigger.
i'll just have to submit a resume and move to socal then lol much nicer than the 3ft of snow we get at a time out here in Boston lol

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Cool. If I didn't already ride for a team I'd be all over that! I think it's really cool that you're getting kids into the sport and making them a part of a team.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
BC VAN said:
Wait a minute... you're going to put your team pricing up on the web where anyone can see it?

How does a rider get on this team?

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
LukeD said:
that seems like an awesome idea. but one question...it seems like it would be more beneficial to riders on the west coast? i mean you could have a rider on the east coast fall into the top package but not be able to get involved in the group rides or testing days etc. which would be extremely helpful. But ya, that seems like a really cool idea i like it.
I know we have been working on ideas to spread to the east coast but until the demand is there it's a little sketchy...i think it would be awsome to do it all over the states..and thats the future plan.

in a nut shell, instead of complaining about things i figured if i could create a fun atmosphere at the races maybe it would spread and things would turn around across the board...i know it sounds a bit far fetched, but i love the movie pay it forward. haha

BC VAN said:
I know this will come off a bit spammy but i've been bustin tail to get it done so check it out. www.mongoosetribe.com the site is temp but gives an idea about it all.

right now questions will be directed to us directly through e-mail...but in the near future we will be doing all of the sponsorship/order request through sponsorhouse.com the account on sponsorhouse is not quite ready.

any feedback is appreciated good or bad.
Wow, thats awesome. On a somewhat related catagory, do you have any geometry info on the EC-D? It only lists seat tube angle, head tube angle, and top tube on the website.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Wait a minute... you're going to put your team pricing up on the web where anyone can see it?
Well anyone can join, so why not put up team pricing?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Do you HAVE TO have a mongoose. I have an azonic, and azonic is sponsoring the thing. That would be so much fun to ride at all those places! Nice job!!

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
SirChomps-a-Lot said:

How does a rider get on this team?

yes we will have the prices up..we will take request to be on the team through sponsorhouse.com in the near future
(some time mid next week)
i think there will be lots of request for this so we might fill the orders on bikes fast and then have to reorder some more.
i wasn't always fast on abike but it sure felt good to be part of team when i wasn't "valuable to all the sponsors" it's kinda like ayso soccer "everyone plays"

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
mtnbrider said:
Do you HAVE TO have a mongoose. I have an azonic, and azonic is sponsoring the thing. That would be so much fun to ride at all those places! Nice job!!

it is the mongoose tribe and it wouldn't be possible with out them so ya...it's based on the package's.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Jestere said:
Wow, thats awesome. On a somewhat related catagory, do you have any geometry info on the EC-D? It only lists seat tube angle, head tube angle, and top tube on the website.

what specificly are you looking for?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I thought so. haha. It sounds like it will be really fun. Companies like azonic and iron horse should do this too. I think if there were many grassroots teams, they would benifit mountain biking alot.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
45 inches for the wheel base 13 inches for bb height and 17 3/4 for chainstay...those are rough as i just measured it in my truck, as i'm out the door to woodward west, but my bike is the same as you buy so it real close to that.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Eric - sounds awesome... I especially like the idea that any member of the team, regardless of what level they ride at can hang out, talk with the race techs during a testing session, and have them personally help you set up your rig. The knowledge you can pick up from asking the right questions is invaluable. Does this mean Darren from PUSH will be there to help out with this?

The idea to have a "Winners Circle" for Tribe riders who have podiumed at races on the website sounds pretty cool. I can't think of too many websites that have an easy to find area that lists when and where their riders won - or any good pics for that matter...

So you've got full co-operation from 'Goose, SRAM, Sun-Ringle, ODI, Kenda, Azonic, Smith Optics, SDG saddles AND you can get The Tribe hook-ups with all of em'???...

It just blows my mind to be able to have all of these resources at your disposal once you get on the team...:drool:

You have the right attitude and approach - if only other pros did the same thing for the community. Marla would be a great candidate, but she is about to have her first baby I think...:think:

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
Sounds like an awesome idea and also will be great advertising for Mongoose etc. Knowing the way the Fontana scene works and how popular EC is down there I can only think it'll be a great sucess, almost makes me want to leave lovely BC and move to Cali.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
That rules! Instead of whinning about NORBA and the sorry state of DHracing in the states you are making a pro-active move towards helping the sport. And coming from someone who is in a position to "just be a pro" it speaks volumes for you and your passion for MTBing that so many of us have. I think the feeling of factory support and access to industry knowledge could really help shape young racers. Nice work.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I don't race MTB's but I ski raced professionally for years. I also am not trying to be a kiss ass but I have to say your commitment to the sport and it's future is very comendable. It is this type of "giving back" that will keep the sport going AND bring in sponsors. There are far to many pros that give off an unaproachable attitude and I think potential sponsors see this. Companies outside of the industry don't care about courses or times, but often want to see their money go towards something that is benneficial to the community or at least associated with a positive influence. It is one thing to start grassroot programs but it is completely different to offer so much of yourself and your time. Way to go E.C.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Pegboy said:
I don't race MTB's but I ski raced professionally for years. I also am not trying to be a kiss ass but I have to say your commitment to the sport and it's future is very comendable. It is this type of "giving back" that will keep the sport going AND bring in sponsors. There are far to many pros that give off an unaproachable attitude and I think potential sponsors see this. Companies outside of the industry don't care about courses or times, but often want to see their money go towards something that is benneficial to the community or at least associated with a positive influence. It is one thing to start grassroot programs but it is completely different to offer so much of yourself and your time. Way to go E.C.
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
sayndesyn said:
Woodward... LUCKY!!!!! Damn you Eric, damn you...
Hah...I'd like to be there when the little groms see Eric and be like..."Excuse me sir...be careful in the terrain park please. The faster kids might not see you down in the bowl and they come up on you pretty fast...."

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
now that is one really cool sponsorship program. ive been wanting to try out the new dh and 4x bike from mongoose but havent found a dealer close to me that has one yet. hopefully something will come up in the northeast because this sounds like a really cool idea.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
This is a great idea. Imagine if other pro racers and manufacturers copied this program. EC, good luck with this program and tell Mongoose not to forget the east coast.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
bizutch said:
Hah...I'd like to be there when the little groms see Eric and be like..."Excuse me sir...be careful in the terrain park please. The faster kids might not see you down in the bowl and they come up on you pretty fast...."
i just got in from watchin the banger in the hanger ride session goin down...if you think i have an ideas about riding in the park your nuts.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I just looked at an old brochure from there. It looks like so much fun. The hips in the skatepark in the middle look really fun. There are whole lines of hips in there.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
mtnbrider said:
I just looked at an old brochure from there. It looks like so much fun. The hips in the skatepark in the middle look really fun. There are whole lines of hips in there.
its super fun...i went there a couple years ago and it was sweet...im no street rider but it was alot of fun even though there wasnt a whole lot i could ride well...the dirt jumps were frozen when we were there but they looked really fun...also the downhillbmx track would be so sick on a mtb...