Quantcast

New GT DHi pic

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Nice Brian. Serious looking ride. Would that be yours? Thanks by the way for the tip on this site. I'm having a blast here. Got some "new to the sport" type questions that will be popping up soon so take it easy on me.
Chris

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
CHepler said:
Nice Brian. Serious looking ride. Would that be yours? Thanks by the way for the tip on this site. I'm having a blast here. Got some "new to the sport" type questions that will be popping up soon so take it easy on me.
Chris

Chris,

I can not confirm, nor deny, if this bike will be in my stable.

No problem with the tip, it's a very good place, everybody is pretty cool (for the most part), and all the Windrock locals treat me like a local when I'm there. I'm pretty new, (okay very new) to this MTBing stuff, but everybody has answered any question (s) that I have asked. Except the Dein character (J/K brotha)!!!

Cheers,
Brian

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
The bike shown is still in the prototype stage. I have a friend at GT
who's allowed me to release this:

projected weight = 38.5 lbs

9.5 inch eye to eye / 3 inch shaft travel

210 mm rear wheel travel / 2.75:1 leverage ratio

64 degree HT angle / 66.5 degree ST angle

360 mm BB height / 1141mm wheel base

Final specs and production weight have not yet been established. The
bike is scheduled for release in mid-2006.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Disregard the comments I had about hig-pivot bikes, BQ - apparently this one has some magic going on that's hidden by the chainguide that separates it from run-of-the-mill high pivot bikes.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
I like the stormtrooper look better than the one pictured in our 06 catalog. At $5000 it isn't the cheapest around. I guess my only question would be the reliability of the drivetrain.