Quantcast

NEW GT DHi

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
nixhexss said:
i think it looks pretty cool, but from the little bit we can see of the suspension it looks VERY similar to a DHR / F4
Huh? Uh, while a DHR is sort of remotely similar to an F4 (but really not all that similar), the GT is completely and entirely different. Totally different. The only similarity is that it has lots of travel and is made to go downhill, off-road.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
BKQuill said:
Not exactly sure if this is how it's going to be spec'd, when it rolls off the line, so I don't want to speculate.
Internet chat forums are no place for speculation!!!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Rafael-DH said:
at least it looks that dont need a special chain guide for it!
thats good!
Sorry, but it does require a special guide due to the fact that the BB rotates independent of the swingarm and main frame. The guide shown in the photo would not work if setup that way - that was just an off-the-shelf guide we sent them for some test fit-ups.

We've been cooking up something special, so keep your eyes peeled when looking at Interbike photos.

--John P.
e13

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
yay for stormtrooper colors!!!. any iDrive system? hopefully they will change the frame before productions. its gross.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I give big props to these guys...small cali' office of people keeping GT alive, they have to battle against the bottom line of Pacific who runs a tight business model-but it works. For them to come out with all the new protos is really cool. I think the bike would be really nice given a better graphics kit...props to the GTers.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
The bike shown is still in the prototype stage. I have a friend at GT
who's allowed me to release this:

projected weight = 38.5 lbs

9.5 inch eye to eye / 3 inch shaft travel

210 mm rear wheel travel / 2.75:1 leverage ratio

64 degree HT angle / 66.5 degree ST angle

360 mm BB height / 1141mm wheel base

Final specs and production weight have not yet been established. The
bike is scheduled for release in mid-2006.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
I really like the looks of that bike. If it ends up being like the old DH-i I am sure it will be awesome. I have the same i-drive design on my XC bike and it works the same as the old design that i have on my dh-i, but it is lighter and much easier to service. GT has always taken their DH race bikes seriously and i am sure this one will not disapoint.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Man, that bike would be sick to race.

New generation I-drive that is easy to work on, 3inch stroke DHX, sub 10 pound frame. The thing is light and pedals really really well, what more could you want from a race bike?

If that design fixes up the problems of the old GTi swingarm cracking then it should be a killer ride.