Quantcast

New GT prototype spotted

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
does BCD not count as the first full carbon DH bike? i suppose the swingarm had a balsa core? but then again a fury had an aluminum BB shell ;)

Last edited:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
does BCD not count as the first full carbon DH bike? i suppose the swingarm had a balsa core? but then again a fury had an aluminum BB shell ;)
no ****, i thought we were past the 'first carbonz' bull**** already after the specialized/lahar/santa cruz crap. i know, stupid me...but honestly at this point who gives a rats ass?

Drth Vadr

Monkey
Oct 5, 2011
Loving the hugeness of the large. The reach is almost an inch longer than Demo.

Can't wait to ride one.
I am beginning to really like this new GT, but I have to say that looking at the geo #'s on pinkbike and the reach of a SM is 1 inch longer than my MD Session.

The one great thing about that is with how cheap the resale and closeout prices are on the bikes from the old school BMX Co. and the fact that you can always find SM left over warranty frames on eBay for super cheap from REI and the like from those old school BMX Co. This will be on the short list of budget replacement frames when it's time to retire the Session....until something new comes out. lol

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
so what's the point of an drivetrain the neutralizes chain growth if there's very little chain growth? Does this new one actually increased chain growth to approach 100% antisquats?

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
Looking good for alloy future.. Neat welding around headtube area.. But the shock tunnel is not as sexy as 2005s sx enduro IMHO..

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I hope they solved some of the maintenance/tolerance issues with this one. I loved my Fury but couldn't stand constantly having to tighten, shim and wrench on the i-drive. New frame looks really refined and changes all of the geometry issues the last one had.