Quantcast

New Guns

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Got a new Walther G-22 rifle today, had a great sale and open house. its a 22 rim fire plinker for fun with a 3-9 power scope and laser sight out of the box, yes a laser sight. went to the rage, friend is pictured below shooting it. no other pics but we had my Glock 19 9mm, friends D.Eagle 50cal, FN Five-Seven, HK USP 40cal, AR-15 M4 clone. i just finished doing some gun smithing on his M-1 grand to clean out some corosion in the chamer but he forgot the bolt carrier so it stayed in the case. a good time was had by all except for the paper targets and the 100meter steel gongs.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
What the hell is he doing with a desert eagle 50? Ha - great for home protection...kill the neighbors 3 houses down.

Nice walther tho, woulda been fun to have that when i was shooting competitively a buncha years back.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Is that 5-7 actually bored for the 5.7mm round? I thought those were illegal in the US, due to the fact that they were designed to be armor piercing.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Despite my blind and probably senseless hatred towards guns, you're packing a nice collection. Just don't shoot anyone I know. Actually, there are a few people.... (j/k)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
kidwoo said:
Protecting freedom.

Mostly his right to wear his baseball cap backwards beyond the age of 15.

Gawd bless merrickah.

:D

Not that I wouldn't love to shoot it or anything, I just can't see it being useful for much beyond the drool factor.

How bad is kick on a 50 AE anyways? The gun alone is friggin' huge.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
A guy I know has DE 45, and he brought it to the range one day when we were going shooting. The thing weighs like 10 lbs, and has so much kick its rediculous. It really has NO purpose besides intimidation IMO.

J

JRB

chicodude said:
It must be nice to have so many detachable peni (Penises doesn't sound right)
Why you flippin' him crap, King Missile??

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
That thing is FUGLY, and what is walther doing making plinking rifles. The only ones I have seen from them are olympic grade target rifles. That thing looks WAY short and WAY light, do what I did with my rifle and hang a pound and a half of weight off the front end so you can shoot it off hand.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
nice collection. i shoot a friends DE .50 on every open range day that i attend (bi-weekly) and love it! the massive frame helps a lot with the kick and i can easily hit the 8" steel plates from 50+ yards out with that thing. not much of a double-tapper but dead on with steady slow fire. too bad it comes out to about $.70 per round if you don't load 'em yourself.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Transcend said:
:D

Not that I wouldn't love to shoot it or anything, I just can't see it being useful for much beyond the drool factor.

How bad is kick on a 50 AE anyways? The gun alone is friggin' huge.

you were a competitive shooter?

did you have to stand with your back to a wall to keep from getting knocked down? haha :D :nuts:

spam16v

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
the Walther has a 20" barrel, if you look where the ejection port/chamber location in relation to the pistol grip, its longer than it looks.

and the backwards hat.... it isn't me, his hair was a sh*t mess and he threw it on to avoid looking too foolish (he's losing his hair too) denial....

bang for the buck for a plinker i couldnt beat it. shop had an open house and big sale. stripped w/o scope or lazer was $380. i paid $440 with the 3-9x Walther scope and Walther laser sight, just the laser is $80 so i call the scope free. couldn't turn it down. i was looking at the rifle for a long time and got the chance to fire it once. the guy at the shop pulls a few new boxes out hands me a green one and then after i hand it back he opens the next box, "and here's the one you want" and hands me the one that's ready to go... "box it up son, i'll take it"

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Sandwich said:
Is that 5-7 actually bored for the 5.7mm round? I thought those were illegal in the US, due to the fact that they were designed to be armor piercing.

It is 5.7mm. It is not illegal. SS190 rounds are available for purchase and will penetrate type IIIA body armor.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Pppppppppppppppppppffftttt, guns.

That desert eagle looks heavy. Id like to fire a blank on a skate board and see what happens. :D

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
chicodude said:
Ya ever KILL a man with a spoon?

I think not. Pussy.
A spoon?

I can think of at least two other kitchen utensils right off the bat that would accomplish the task with allot more ease.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
There are so many guns I need to buy before the government makes them illegal. On my list right now are a high capacity handgun, a nice assault rifle, and a 50 cal sniper rifle (maybe with some of those sweet armor piercing, incindiary, explosive shells so I can hold off the APC's the feds send to my compound).

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
skatetokil said:
There are so many guns I need to buy before the government makes them illegal. On my list right now are a high capacity handgun, a nice assault rifle, and a 50 cal sniper rifle (maybe with some of those sweet armor piercing, incindiary, explosive shells so I can hold off the APC's the feds send to my compound).
I'm bored and guns are my job. So I'm going to pretensiously school you up.

If you're trying to defeat any sort of armored vehicle you're going to need something bigger than a 50 cal. And there isn't an armor piercing incindiary explosive round. There's an armor piercing round, an incidiary round, an armor piercing incidiary rounds, and then tracers for all of those. There's also an explosive round which is not yet or probably ever fielded by the US military as far as I know of. There's no AP variant of it. And the most you're going to penatrate with a 50 is 3/4 inches of hardened steel if you can get a hold of SLAP rounds. Stopping police vehicles with one? Sure. An APC? Very unlikely.

If you think you need a 30 round magazine as a civilian you are wrong. If you are not carrying a .45 you are wrong. If your assault weapon costs more than 600 dollars you are wrong.

For your assault weapon don't get anything in .223 (e.g. AR-15s). Save yourself some money and get an AK47. This gun might be a bit hard to control from standing, and the sights are cheaper and not as accurate as your standard AR peep sights. But this thing will last you forever and has some real stopping ability. It can be dropped in mud and still fire just as well as before. If you do buy an AR remember that less is more. Having a modular rail system, 2 optical sights and a 10.5" bbl might look cool but do you really need all that? Odds are all that crap is just going to get in your way. One thing that I appreciate on my M4 is my Eotech sight. Wherever I put that little dot the bullet goes as long as I have the proper trigger control. I wouldn't like it for shooting on the KD range but it's absolutly the best thing for 0-2 distance.

As far as your pistol, buy yourself a Glock 23 or 30 depending on what you're going to use it for. If you can't stop whatever you're aiming at with 13 rounds at 25 yards or less you deserve whatever you get.

.50 BMG rifles are stupid if you're not going to be shooting at vehicles or people. There are much better rifles for hunting out there in better calibers.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Guns are a large part of my job too, and I agree with Jorvik 100%. Why an average civillian type would need or want a 50 BMG rifle is beyond me. Wont leave enough identifiable meat to hunt with anyway, at least not from anything worth eating. Too expensive to purchase and shoot too. Want to shoot tin cans? Ruger 10/22. Fun and cheap, easy to use and hot rod.
Accuracy in assault rifles is overrated, so throw all the optics out the window. When the great majority of close quarter battle situations are at ranges of less than 30 meters, an optic and/or fancy rail system is not needed. Same with .223, (or 5.56) ammo. If you are serious, use 7.62. A round made to kill a man, not wound him and then pass through the body and whistle around the neighborhood (As a 5.56 will). Better yet, go with a shotgun. But again, what does Joe Average guy need this stuff? Leave it to the police and the military, those who are trained and paid to use the things.