Quantcast

New guy from north central WV here

01tj

Chimp
Oct 28, 2007
Fairmont WV
I wasn't sure if I should check in in the northeast thread or here but here I am. I live near Fairmont which is right below Morgantown, are there any others from my area here?

01tj

Chimp
Oct 28, 2007
Fairmont WV
I am just getting back into it but I am up for about anything. I have raced a few XC races in the past but that was probubly 10 years ago. Now I just hit the local trails whenever I get a chance. I have found several trails near my neighborhood that are pretty hilly and rocky. I just got a set of clipless pedals and have been hitting those trails tring to get used to them

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Also in Morgantown. Mr. Ridiculous what is your name btw, we should get together sometime and ride, im Ty.
Yeah we should. My real name is Josh, but my friends from home call me "Guy" and my "friends" from Massanutten call me "margarita my slippers." (Just kidding, you guys are awesome!) So, you know, you can pretty much just call me whatever. :imstupid:

PM me and we can set something up sometime.

01tj

Chimp
Oct 28, 2007
Fairmont WV
Where all do you guys ride? Coopers Rock? Valley Falls? What else is out there. There are a few places around Fairmont that are mostly 4wheeler/Jeep trails but some of them are still fun

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Where all do you guys ride? Coopers Rock? Valley Falls? What else is out there. There are a few places around Fairmont that are mostly 4wheeler/Jeep trails but some of them are still fun
I've yet to ride Coopers Rock but I hear that it makes for great riding. Big Bear Lake, which is a little farther out I-68, also has some excellent trails. For training, the Rail to Trail system in Morgantown is tough to beat. Other than that, there are a few trails in the Motown area.

01tj

Chimp
Oct 28, 2007
Fairmont WV
I used to live near the Prickets Fort Extension off of the rail trail on the Fairmont side.

I havent been to Big Bear yet but plan on going next season. Coopers Rock does have lots of great trails though I have ridden there several times.

Do you guys ever have regional rides? It would be nice to get out and ride with some new people. Large groups always seem to make it more fun.