Quantcast

New guy here

AkRider

Chimp
Apr 30, 2006
Anchorage, Alaska
Hey yall. My name is Mike and I just bought my first mountain bike. It's a Novara Bonanza. Nothing fancy..just something I picked up at REI. I'm looking forward to getting out there and riding and talking to you guys and gals so I can really learn. I'm in the Air Force stationed in Anchorage, Alaska and getting out in a year so I need a hobby to take up the time that I will no longer be spending at work. Anyways looking forward to conversing and making some friends.

Mike

chono12

Chimp
Apr 18, 2006
sf
off base, but how the weather there in july??? ill be going there them. hows the bike? i was looking at the ponderosa 05 model last month. but some1 bought it when i walked away to get my wife, lol:redhot:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welcome to the monkey. Riding in Alaska can be pretty hard core that's for sure, make sure you get some photos and share your adventures.

AkRider

Chimp
Apr 30, 2006
Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks for the replies. With the hours I work my wife always complained that I wasn't home enough. Now I bought the bike and haven't ridden it cause I was spending time with her and she's nagging me to get out and ride it and make use of it....lol. Oh well. Now I have a legit excuse to get out. I'll keep yall posted.

Mike