Quantcast

New guy quick question - Good Sellers?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I am glad you guys have a bad sellers forum to point out some of the bad sellers. I found a bike I want to buy in the classifieds from here. I've been communicating with the seller via email and we've pretty much come to a price on the bike.

I've never bought anything on the internet that wasn't through a business other than a boat that I worked through the bank on so I was protected.

What is the best way to make sure that I pay the seller to his satisfaction, as well as making sure the bike is shipped in a timely fashion (I have a trip planned october 1st)?

I have paypal, and will be paying him through paypal. Any other precautions I can take?

FYI this guy seems stand up and I am not concerned in general that he will screw me, but unfortunately with this kinda $$ amount and the general screwings you see people take on the internet with stuff I want to make sure that I cover my butt. I also want the seller to get his $$ like he deserves so we can both walk away pleased.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Paypal is a great resource. Make sure you cover yourself via paypal at the least. There really isn't much else that can help.

I have been asking for a good seller forum or a good seller rating under their user name, hopefully that comes through very soon.

Enjoy the new bike!!!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Yeah a good seller forum would be nice to see. Higher post count people I would trust more then a single post seller.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Yeah a good seller forum would be nice to see. Higher post count people I would trust more then a single post seller.
we all gotta start somewhere :D:p

I agree though, I haven't searched his username yet. I also notice people who contribute to sites rather than just use them to sell stuff are better sellers too:thumb:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
we all gotta start somewhere :D:p

I agree though, I haven't searched his username yet. I also notice people who contribute to sites rather than just use them to sell stuff are better sellers too:thumb:
I have joined forums just to buy things in the past. :)

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I have joined forums just to buy things in the past. :)
Nothing wrong with that, but I think I'll stick around here, seems to be a great site with a ton of information.:) My renewed interest inriding is being quenched. Just wish I wasn't so geographically challened.

Seller has ZERO posts. :(

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Paypal is a great resource. Make sure you cover yourself via paypal at the least. There really isn't much else that can help.

I have been asking for a good seller forum or a good seller rating under their user name, hopefully that comes through very soon.

Enjoy the new bike!!!
This is still a great idea.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
One of the offroad forums that I frequent has an itrader system for good and bad sellers, seems to work pretty well.

Bike arrived on time and in said condition, no complaints.