Quantcast

New guy

Hi guys im new here,
My names Gaz

Just wanted to ask for some advise, im looking to do my current gecko barracuda frame to do more down hilling.
At the moment its more for genral jumping and abit of trails. its nothing special with front suspesion and v brakes.

my question is ive thinking of putting disc brakes on it and looking for some good priced discs and some wheels kit.

Im looking for some good rims and hubs that with be ready to have discs put on them.
Im not looking to go too mad as im just gwtting back into it and dont want to spend too much

Has anyone got any tips or comments

Thanks
Gaz

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
WTF is Gecko Barracuda? Google giving me nothing suggests a walmarty frame so maybe instead of puting $$$ on wheels maybe a normal frame?

BTW. Look at classfields here. A good place to look for bargains.

WTF is Gecko Barracuda? Google giving me nothing suggests a walmarty frame so maybe instead of puting $$$ on wheels maybe a normal frame?

BTW. Look at classfields here. A good place to look for bargains.
Sorry get it the wrong way round

Its a barracuda Gecko frame, They are more of a trails dirt jump frame. They have no suspension on the back like most down hill frames

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
Honestly, with that kind of bike, you don't need disc brakes. V-brakes are plenty strong, the legends of old like Tomac rocked them, plus they will give you street credit when you're faster than people on a ****ty bike. Get yourself some new brake pads and go rip some trail. Save the money to invest in a new bike down the road if you like the sport.

The mean reason i want to get discs on the bike is to improve the stopping power and a smoother ride. I also need some stronger rims so at the same time ill do the brakes.

The first thing i want to do is buy the set up for the rear of the bike which would be a new rim, disc hub and brake set up.

im looking at a mavric rim shimano hub and disc brake.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Really If you are uk based just go to descent-world.co.uk and look at classfieds there. Sell your bike and get sth complete so you wont have to change anything. You will be much better off doing that.