Quantcast

new guy!

BrassBalls

Chimp
Jan 31, 2003
vancouver island
hey guys,i'm new around here but think i'll like it just fine. i'm a intermediate dh racer,also taking up ds this year. am not to much of a fan of the big guys(company's) prefer the small ones but sometimes have no choice.
i live on vancouver islan in b.c Canada.
good to meet you guys.

BrassBalls

Chimp
Jan 31, 2003
vancouver island
yep! victoria. i ride at mt washington,they have a ds course. also the bmx track in collwood, there's some great trails at nield rd. for practising as well.
where do you live?

skinny

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Victoria, BC, Canada
I live rite near UVic, which is where i usually ride, but it's kinda getting boring, and i'm also riding some jumps in the woods behind the residences there, but I don't think i am at liberty to divulge the whereabouts :D

where's nield rd?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
That looks to be a White Brothers DH. Actually they are, the resi on the bottom of the right leg tells all, never trusted that fork though... always scared me, seemed pointless, there is enough oil in the forks, no need to add a resi too.

BrassBalls

Chimp
Jan 31, 2003
vancouver island
Originally posted by mplutodh1
That looks to be a White Brothers DH. Actually they are, the resi on the bottom of the right leg tells all, never trusted that fork though... always scared me, seemed pointless, there is enough oil in the forks, no need to add a resi too.

yeh it's a 2002 dh3. i had a new 02 shiver dc last year and it was awfull, the dh3 is three times the fork. i sold my shiver after 3 months.
the dh3 is a super sweet progresive fork. the guards are custom made allum. ones and i just put a new set of 03 hope minis on it.
here's some new pics.............
http://www.pinkbike.com/php/pod.php3?image=74461

http://www.pinkbike.com/php/pod.php3?image=74462

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Originally posted by BrassBalls
hey guys,i'm new around here but think i'll like it just fine. i'm a intermediate dh racer,also taking up ds this year. am not to much of a fan of the big guys(company's) prefer the small ones but sometimes have no choice.
i live on vancouver islan in b.c Canada.
good to meet you guys.
welcome to RM. fortunately you won't meet many jetski people here.

(except for Jetski himself and he is the exception to the rule.)

yup, jetskiing is just another one of those sports that i don't like.

I mean when you really think about it, jetskiers don't really do alot. They wait for sunny warm, weather, get baked, go find someplace in the sun then drink beer and smoke ciggarettes and try to look beautiful by laying in the sun until they pass out.

It doesn't even take one iota of talent or exercise to do all of those things.

plus it has 'hippie sport' written all over it