Quantcast

new handlebars

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
i'm looking into buying some new handle bars and i have a choice between 40 mm rise and a 50mm rise. i was wondering what the difference would be between the two.

10mm of rise

More of a personal preference thing, I normally like low rise stuff on my race bikes but jumpers/freeriders i like a little more rise, normally I run Deitys on my jumper/freerider and low rise options on my race bikes, luckily Deity is making low rise wide bars for 2008

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
it depends on your frame and fork set up. I rock deity bars on all my big bikes (and on my small bikes) until the nemesis bars were available. They are by far my favorite. high rise, which is perfect on my street bikes b/c i slam my forks down far, WIDE AS ****, feel great and look dope. of your running a tall fork run a low bar and vise versa

SDG

Chimp
May 24, 2007
I personaly would go for the high rise bars on a Street/Dirtjump bike. This for more clearance between your frame and handlebars if you'd go and try turndown's.

But this will always be a personal prefference, so maybe you should try the different risebars. I like the NS - District bars..

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I'm looking at the Blackmarket Bada Bing bars:

BADA BING HANDLEBARS
Tapered, butted 7075 T6 aluminum
Polished grip surface
25.4mm clamp area
28" width, 2" (350g) or 3" (357g) rise

2" = 51 mm

3" = 76 mm

The website doesn't talk about the sweep. Anyone know ?