Quantcast

New Hardtail in Decline

alienspudboy

Chimp
Jun 9, 2005
Alright I am new here and would like to ask a bit of help.

I got the new Decline today and saw the Supercross Hardtail in the news section, I am familiar with thier BMX stuff, but is this any good?

I was going to get an Azonic Steelhead but wondering now if this is worth a look. Thier website is pretty much all BMX.

Thanks

Spud

mikeG

Chimp
Nov 14, 2004
Menlo Park, CA
I just purchased one and love it. I have been jumping it everyday for the last 2 weeks. The bike is fairly light but feels incredibly solid. It jumps with ease and is easy to flick in the air. It is real snappy & responsive in the berms and can holeshot if you are into racing. I have been to the local BMX tack in my area twice and raced the cruiser class. This is a nice quality frame and I have no complaints. This is the best hardtail frame I have ridden.

http://www.supercrossbmx.com/05/

alienspudboy

Chimp
Jun 9, 2005
Thanks I have heard good stuff on thier BMX stuff, but always thought it was weird that BMX companies would get into MTB stuff. Does anyone know the full specs, I looked on the website but it is mainly BMX?

Thanks

Spud

mikeG

Chimp
Nov 14, 2004
Menlo Park, CA
Here are the specs...

http://www.supercrossbmx.com/05/mx26detail.html

At SUPERCROSS we are BMXers at heart through and through, so what the heck are we doing building a MTB frame? Well let us tell you this is not your conventional MTB frame, thsi is a big BMX frame that is set up to take 26" wheels and a front suspension fork to absorb those huge impacts. We started out with the UL frame parts and quickly adapted some of the MX parts, add in a ISCG mount, disk tabs ( ones that actually work with a horizontal dropout ) and here ya go, the MX26,

The long version of the frame pictured above weighed in at 5.45lbs, the tubeset is a double butted set up so the gusseting is done internally for the extra strength, a CNC machined Headtube and BB shell put the extra meat where it is needed, the oversize internal relief holes ont hem help save a few un needed ounces. Toss on your favorite 80-100mm front shock and you are ready to go. Rear spacing is 135mm so you can run a rear derailure system if you want to, we put the guides ont he frame, and we offer our chaintensioner kit with the derailure mount, but most of the people we see with these are runnig singlespeed set ups like we do. Guess we got to used to BMX and don't like shifting.

We use a 68mm BB shell and have a 16.5" rear chainstay length. Our BB height is 11.75" ( yeah we know BMXish ) and the headtube angle is 71.5º with a 100mm fork and about a 73º with a 80mm fork. We offer it in two top tube lengths 21.5 and 22.5 so it should fit a wide variety of riders. A 14" seatmast is used on both sizes top tube frames to allow plenty of standover height.

We have allowed clearance for up to 2.6 rear tires and have added a special gusset to the rear lug to keep the rear from bending on hard hits, but with it's full post weld heat treat, it is not likely that this frame will be bending on you anytime soon.

MSRP on the frame is $449.95 and should be available at your finer BMX shops now. So please check with your local Authorized Supercross Dealer or one of our Approved Mail Order Outlets and if you still have trouble finding them you can always order direct by clicking below.

Supercross MX26 Std. 21.5" 16.5" 11.75" 71.5º - 73º
Supercross MX26 Long 22.5" 16.5" 11.75" 71.5º - 73º