Quantcast

New hardtail XC build! She's done! (Cross post)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
In the need for more saddle time on my DH bike, I have decided to build up an XC rig. I decided for a couple of reasons. The first being is the cardio and weight loss.

The second is the need for saddle time. I have not ridden for a couple of years until last year, exactly one year ago today, so, I need more saddle time.

The third reason is that there are an awful lot of awesome trails around the Richmond area, thereby making this whole project worthwhile.

I had a lot of help with this bike from BigMike, G-Spot, Dartman, The Captian, VTMtbkr and Goodly's Bike shop in Richmond.

Without their help I could not have done this.

So, I built up an old Mongoose Pro TI hard-tail, Mavic XC517 rims with XTR hubs, an '00 Marzocchi Z2, Deore drive-train and XTR cranks to name a few...

All I have left to do is the derailleur cables and set those up.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Cool, looks comfortable & fast.!!

Platform pedals! You are my kind of rider, i also use platforms on my hardtail XC(Trek 6700 with FOX Talas RLC-Hayes hydro 6" & 8" front disks )...
Bet that TI frame rides sweet;better than my alumunim i bet..

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well that platforms were there just so I could make the necessary adjustments! :D I ride clipless. Well actually, CrankBrother Mallets; best of both worlds! :thumb:

She comes in @ 25.5 Lbs.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Those are nice frames!
Manufactured by Sandvik, back in the day.

I'm almost got the finishing touches done on my frame that's pretty much identical. They ride soooo nice! What size is yours?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Small...It is REAL responsive. I mean I mashed on the pedal, and it was an immediate response at the tire....It's light, so much so it took me a while to get used to leaning way forward to keep the front from lifting up on me.