Quantcast

New Hayes Stroker Ace 4-pot caliper?

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
i stumbled upon this pic of the new hayes stroker ace 4-pot caliper.
looks pretty sweet.
anybody know anything about this?:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I've got a friend who works at Hayes and he told me almost a year ago they were working on those. So I guess its out now, Hayes is going to sell a 4 piston version of the Stroker.

It makes sense, people love Avid Codes. I teased him about how I put Codes, not Hayes on my DH bike and that's when he mentioned those.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Holy overkill batman, I have my regular Stroker trails dual piston setup, and Damn they stop with some power. They already have excelent power and Modulation, with no need for more than One finger braking, two finger braking will get you into trouble. I can only imagine the stroker technology in a four piston setup.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
M4's have been out for what...euh 5 yrs? I dont know why this seems so impressive
Maybe it is impressive for hayes. It seems like when any of the brake companies do something that's been the norm for years with the other companies everyone thinks that they somehow re-invented the wheel. The formula "The One" is another good example, or maguras "floating" rotors.

tahoetoad

Chimp
Jul 21, 2007
I will be getting my set soon. I have been running Codes on my Socom all season and have had a serious "harmonic" shaking of the rear triangle. According to a source at Avid, they have had a few issues with Codes on both the Socom and a few V-10's as well. I love the power of the Codes, and hope to God these solve the issue with the rear braking.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
it will be good to get some feedback. the demo levers they had at crankworx felt weaksauce. with some luck, that was just because every squid on the planet walked by and gave 'em a squeeze.

interesting that "harmonic" shaking isn't uncommon. i wonder if you change rotor size or shape (from another mfg) might change the harmonic it vibrates at and reduce the issue.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
More crap top buy! leave me with my Hfx-9s is enought if you know how to ride.......how to ride fast!
the faster you go the smotheer it is.....

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
it will be good to get some feedback. the demo levers they had at crankworx felt weaksauce. with some luck, that was just because every squid on the planet walked by and gave 'em a squeeze.

interesting that "harmonic" shaking isn't uncommon. i wonder if you change rotor size or shape (from another mfg) might change the harmonic it vibrates at and reduce the issue.
hah! i had that with my glory, I always assumed I just wasn't setting it up right, but the entire rear end would start to vibrate really hard once the brake started humming!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hah! i had that with my glory, I always assumed I just wasn't setting it up right, but the entire rear end would start to vibrate really hard once the brake started humming!
that might have come from a loose caliper and or rotor. if both are mounted securely you shouldnt have any vibration

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
that might have come from a loose caliper and or rotor. if both are mounted securely you shouldnt have any vibration
both were mounted securely. I've set up a disc brake once or twice in my time, everything was torqued correctly, greased or loctited where it should be, cleaned and recleaned, and well aligned. I agree with the last part, but I did, and they were, which is part of why I am now running strokers, and not codes :cupidarrow:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The formula "The One" is another good example, or maguras "floating" rotors.
Like syadasti said, bike disc brakes aren't anything without precedent in terms of basic design. The Ones are damn nice brakes, but are hardly any sort of earth shattering design. Not a single significant feature on them that hasn't been done before on a bike brake.