Quantcast

New here, but not to bikes.

stock_tires

Chimp
Sep 10, 2007
Im crossing over from riding a 20 inch BMX bike to riding bigger bikes.

I basiclly live in flat country, with no hills, btu i have access to dirt and plenty of equipment. Im getting a cheapo wal-mart moutnain bike tomorrow froma buddy, its basicly new. If i decide i like MTB better than BMX, then ill upgrade and get a better bike.

If anyone here lives in florida, and knows any good places to ride in north florida/georgia then id love to know...

Thanks.:banana:

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Where do you live in FL? If you live in South FL check out freeridesouth.com. If you live in Central FL check out ridgeriders.net and if you like near jax your pretty much **** out of luck for anything MTB. I happen to live in jax and have been looking for people to ride with so if you are up here shoot me a PM and we can go riding somewhere and I'll show you how to ride those big wheels.

stock_tires

Chimp
Sep 10, 2007
No, I live over near Tallahasse. I actually live close to the coast, in a chitload of sand...:disgust1:

I wish I did live near someone, id love to have someone to ride with.:banana:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I thought the Tallahasee area had some little rolling hills, no? I've heard the Tampa area has some lime mines or something like that they ride in. How far is that?

stock_tires

Chimp
Sep 10, 2007
Tampa is about a 6 hour drive...and yes, tallahasse does have a few small hills here and there.

I do know of one place to ride, but its mroe of aq wooded, tight trail...i guess im looking for more of a downhill/freeride type of trail.

In another 2 years ill be moving to the houston area of texas....does anyone know any good spots out there?

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
There is actually some nice stuff near Tally...a quick google search will pull some stuff up...plus check out some of the local bike shops and see if they can point you in the right direction and some people to ride with.

stock_tires

Chimp
Sep 10, 2007
I checked out a few places thanks to google and oscer...

There were more places to ride than i realized. I guess this weekend im gonna go check a few places out...whichever day i dont go to the vitamin shoppe.:happydance: